Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2700 mi trip in Model S 60...range anxiety NOT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to upstate NY in April (Easter) in my 60D. I hope I'll have highspeed autosteer enabled by then. I have the trip all mapped out. Getting increasingly confident I'll be able to do the 210 miles from Erie PA to Ithaca NY without charging. I just drove 218 miles without charging (and had 19 miles of range left) in this 50-60 degree heat wave we've had in Chicago. Here's hoping for no winds and 50 degree temps in April!

Reactions: Aieukl378
Going to upstate NY in April (Easter) in my 60D. I hope I'll have highspeed autosteer enabled by then. I have the trip all mapped out. Getting increasingly confident I'll be able to do the 210 miles from Erie PA to Ithaca NY without charging. I just drove 218 miles without charging (and had 19 miles of range left) in this 50-60 degree heat wave we've had in Chicago. Here's hoping for no winds and 50 degree temps in April!

Dont know why you're going to Ithaca NY, but i often drive up from NJ to Ithaca(my Alma Mater) still have not made it in one go as temperatures have been cold. Also there is no superchargers in Ithaca, so i stop in Binghamton to charge before i drive the rest of the way to Ithaca.

There is destination charging at Ithaca, max speed ive found is the Lama building on Triphammer by the mall(48amp). Otherwise all the rest are 30amp, or if you have Chademo, downtown.

good luck!

Dont know why you're going to Ithaca NY, but i often drive up from NJ to Ithaca(my Alma Mater) still have not made it in one go as temperatures have been cold. Also there is no superchargers in Ithaca, so i stop in Binghamton to charge before i drive the rest of the way to Ithaca.

There is destination charging at Ithaca, max speed ive found is the Lama building on Triphammer by the mall(48amp). Otherwise all the rest are 30amp, or if you have Chademo, downtown.

good luck!

I'm actually going to a little Hamlet near Ithaca (my brother got his grad degree but my wife's family is there). I have a chademo adapter for the downtown charging but my destination has a 14-50 plug waiting. I just have to get there... I'm coming from Chicago. I might go along 90 and hit up Buffalo SC and the Rochester one if it's done but I think I'll be fine. Three years of leaf ownership has made me believe in miracles.

Reactions: Aieukl378

Elon tweeted that the High Speed Auto-steer update will be coming in two weeks.