Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd run of camera switch that show a front image on the touch screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Im the proud owner of a 2013 P85. Love the car, however missing parking sensors. Retrofit is possible but really expensive. A front camera would help a lot.

Most of my questions are answered in the tread. How ever if you guys could help with a couple more

1. is it possible to buy a complete kit anywhere?
2. Not sure I could install this my self, I guess a workshop or SC could easily do this for me?
3. Would this fit on a p85 and are there other options?

Thanks

/Johan

ceramic,

This might be useful info for you. Parking sensors are useful, but don't see stuff 6-8 inches from the ground. For instance, when you pull forward to a curb or a parking log in a parking lot, they don't help That's where the front camera makes the difference and helps you see how close you are.

Parking sensors are going to help a rear bumper level and nosecone level.

My point is, that for max protection on your front, the most effective is both the front cam and parking sensors.

I know two people here where I live that had their '12 and '13 retrofitted to add Tesla parking sensors. That was in 2014. Cost was just over $4,000 each. I saw the Tesla Service Center receipts. Its possible and expensive, but some SC's don't want to do it. Be aware.

artsci mentioned that if there was enough interest 10 members he would do the 3rd run of the switches.

I think we are ready @artsci !

1. steinermeister at #984

2. kdday #986

3. kebek21 #987

4. baileywang ?? #988

5. Wratran #989

6. trident #992

7. MaxTorque #993

8. nosup4u #994

9. kt343 #1001

10. UniverseNZ #1003

11. Wratran #1004

12. puhiniho #1012

13. Borntooxlr8 #1028

14. TonyT #1034

15. Me: S-ALSET #1047

16. baileywang – via Artsci Profile post (03,10.2019)

Anybody else interested?

I've decided to sell my kit rather than installing it. I've gotten better at parking the car, so it isn't worth the trouble to me anymore.

I have the camera switch and custom cables from @artsci, the Can Bus kit from @appleguru, the Tesla camera and OBD power cable from Amazon, and a couple of other misc parts. The car is a 2015 Model S.

I spent a little over $600 collecting this stuff. I'll sell it for $500 shipped anywhere in the continental US.

PM me if you're interested and I'll send pictures and receipts. I'm selling everything I've collected over the last year in one shot. Please don't ask for individual components.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: aesculus
I've decided to sell my kit rather than installing it. I've gotten better at parking the car, so it isn't worth the trouble to me anymore.

I have the camera switch and custom cables from @artsci, the Can Bus kit from @appleguru, the Tesla camera and OBD power cable from Amazon, and a couple of other misc parts. The car is a 2015 Model S.

I spent a little over $600 collecting this stuff. I'll sell it for $500 shipped anywhere in the continental US.

PM me if you're interested and I'll send pictures and receipts. I'm selling everything I've collected over the last year in one shot. Please don't ask for individual components.

Thanks,
Mike

Still have it? Any chance of shipping to Europe?

If you want to you can have ebay handle it. List it with a buy it now and send link to him, ebay has an option when you list to charge for international and all you do is mail it to ebay in the US, they do the international part. I'm sure it costs more but it's easy.

Reactions: Akikiki

Thanks,
Mike

Still have it? Any chance of shipping to Europe?

If you want to you can have ebay handle it. List it with a buy it now and send link to him, ebay has an option when you list to charge for international and all you do is mail it to ebay in the US, they do the international part. I'm sure it costs more but it's easy.

Great idea - thanks for the tip! Looks very easy. Happy to ship internationally if anyone is interested.

artsci mentioned that if there was enough interest 10 members he would do the 3rd run of the switches.

I think we are ready @artsci !

1. steinermeister at #984

2. kdday #986

3. kebek21 #987

4. baileywang ?? #988

5. Wratran #989

6. trident #992

7. MaxTorque #993

8. nosup4u #994

9. kt343 #1001

10. UniverseNZ #1003

11. Wratran #1004

12. puhiniho #1012

13. Borntooxlr8 #1028

14. TonyT #1034

15. Me: S-ALSET #1047

16. baileywang – via Artsci Profile post (03,10.2019)

Anybody else interested?
I'm sorry but my name shouldn't be on this list. I already own this switcher kit. My post #986 quoted above was talking about a flipped image front camera from @BearBu. I don't need another switcher box at this time.

Reactions: appleguru
Seems like I overestimated demand. Dropping my price to $350. Buyer pays shipping. This is a great deal!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have the camera switch and custom cables from @artsci, the Can Bus kit from @appleguru, the Tesla camera and OBD power cable from Amazon, and a couple of other misc parts. My car is a 2015 Model S.

I spent a little over $600 collecting this stuff. I'll sell it for $350.

Thanks,
Mike

Seems like I overestimated demand. Dropping my price to $350. Buyer pays shipping. This is a great deal!

I have the camera switch and custom cables from @artsci, the Can Bus kit from @appleguru, the Tesla camera and OBD power cable from Amazon, and a couple of other misc parts. My car is a 2015 Model S.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

To new here to send a pm, but I am interested. would this include everything that is needed??

PM me

Thanks

SOLD

Thanks,
Mike

Installed mine recently and mounted the camera pointing down, instead of sitting it on the lower bumper shelf for my refresh S. I think this gives a better perspective when pulling into a spot.

My mounting solution is not good (just double-stick tape rolled up plus a wedge to give it an angle), so I'll want to fix that at some point.

IMG_3880.jpg

IMG_3881.jpg

IMG_3882.jpg