Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd run of camera switch that show a front image on the touch screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's where we stand.

The gentleman who originally worked with me on the design and manufacturing has agreed to assist with the manufacturing again. The big problem we ran into was certain parts on the PCB are now obsolete, which is why various PCB makers turned me down for production. The board is now being upgraded with up-to-date parts. So I'll provide news as we progress to production.

Here's where we stand.

The gentleman who originally worked with me on the design and manufacturing has agreed to assist with the manufacturing again. The big problem we ran into was certain parts on the PCB are now obsolete, which is why various PCB makers turned me down for production. The board is now being upgraded with up-to-date parts. So I'll provide news as we progress to production.
it has been said "either have patience or become one". Not sure where I am!!

This is great news, I learned about series 1some time back, I have regretted missing out on that ever since.

Tonight I found this thread re V2.0, well done guys thank you. Looking forward to sending you money in return for something that seems well worth the value

Reactions: pilotSteve
OK Artsci - is been 6 months since you first teased us with this switch. I know you have more important things to do...but can I hope for a Christmas Present?

Hate to be negative but Christmas is out of the question. I haven’t even received the two test PCBs and we can’t even think about production until those are received and prove to be operable.

• Informative
Reactions: Joelc
Here's where we stand.

Any way to connect an HDMI or DVI video source instead of a second camera? I would love to just connect my phone to it to display on the big screen (or half of it).

Any way to connect an HDMI or DVI video source instead of a second camera? I would love to just connect my phone to it to display on the big screen (or half of it).
WhiteX, if you go back and read the two or three threads (each one about a year's worth of posts), you would get an idea of the efforts and research that went in to trying to find an alternative way to get a video feed or image into the cockpit. I watched and read for more than a year as artsci and his team worked to make this all happen. This started when the S did not have parking sensors. I could have stopped once parking sensors were offered, - but it did not. I had parking sensors and installed anyway after it was available. Its the best mod I have done to my S. I've done several. Back to your question in one answer - No. Not to anyone's knowledge that has worked on, installed or tinkered with the current method.

You can try some wireless and wired solutions, but I am confident you are not going to interface to the main screen.

@artsci if I can make a suggestion. They make a device that allows homelink to control a cars exhaust valve. My brother is getting it installed on his Alpha Rameo Guilia QV. Maybe this is a good way to control the cameras and it’s integrated into the screen. Almost factory. Anyway just a suggestion.

@artsci if I can make a suggestion. They make a device that allows homelink to control a cars exhaust valve. Maybe this is a good way to control the cameras and it’s integrated into the screen. Almost factory. Anyway just a suggestion.

A Homelink control daughterboard was included and standard on the Gen1 camera switch which allowed you to switch between the front and rear cameras.

I have no idea if this is planned to be included on the Gen 2 board, but I would guess it is.

A Homelink control daughterboard was included and standard on the Gen1 camera switch which allowed you to switch between the front and rear cameras.

I have no idea if this is planned to be included on the Gen 2 board, but I would guess it is.
I'm still looking forward to WhatEver comes out of these smart guys. Saving just one curb rash on the chin is worth...well its worth something!

Reactions: Akikiki