Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd test drive today in DC, this is in a silver 85 kWh non-performance version: wow!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad to hear that nonperformance was still "damned impressive", as that what I'll be getting.

I have a test drive scheduled soon, and it will be a performance model. I already had a test drive before at the Seattle event, and I think it was a nonperformance with the performance wheels, but now I'm not 100% certain about that.

I've made up my mind. When "Finalize your order" notice comes, I'll be ordering this:

85kWh performance
Blue
Panoramic Roof
21" wheels
Tan leather interior
Tech
Sound
Air Suspension
Parcel Shelf

Assuming, based on my number, the car will be delivered in April or May, I'll buy at set of 19" wheels with all-season performance tires when winter approaches a year from now.

I recognize that my decision to go with the performance version is almost totally irrational from a financial point of view. But I know myself all too well. If I bought the non-performance, I'd be kicking myself for years to come about the "lost" performance. I like to drive hard and fast, and have way too many speeding tickets to show for it:) But that's, I suppose, one of the flaws in my character.

Definitely the CF...that alone nearly made me go for the Perf. That will be a seriously fine configuration. And the extra 1.2 seconds 0-60 could very well save your life one day, weaving in and out of Beltway traffic. You can never be too sure, better safe than sorry!

Definitely the CF...that alone nearly made me go for the Perf. That will be a seriously fine configuration. And the extra 1.2 seconds 0-60 could very well save your life one day, weaving in and out of Beltway traffic. You can never be too sure, better safe than sorry!

Agree. One of the things I liked about the CF is that the weave contained a highlight that made it more compatible with the tan interior.

I recognize that my decision to go with the performance version is almost totally irrational from a financial point of view. But I know myself all too well. If I bought the non-performance, I'd be kicking myself for years to come about the "lost" performance. I like to drive hard and fast, and have way too many speeding tickets to show for it:) But that's, I suppose, one of the flaws in my character.

That seems a like a perfectly rational decision to me. :wink:

Sounds like the same flaw in my character. I said the same exact thing. haha. Can't wait for my P85!