Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 Car Seats - Twins due in September

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
<quote>I can second this. We have my model 3 and my wife has the plug in Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid.</quote>
Sounds like you will need a Tesla mini-van. lol. We are expecting out third this summer and we just got my wife her Pacifica coming from her Q5. I have my model 3. She loves her mini-van for the convenient. You need to choose either convenient or pride. With 2 little ones, the smart choice is convenient.

Our two kids play comp sports and so lots of carpooling as well. Keep that in mind.

Yes we have 3 boys and can't really stomach and X for the price. We may sell the plug-in van for the Y if it has enough space. The van gets 33 miles electric before going to gas. She fills up about 2 times per year. I prefer the 3 but I don't mind the Pacifica at all, its a nice car.

• Helpful
Reactions: Big Earl
My wife and I have our first coming, and we bought the Model 3 to be our bigger family car - so I guess it’s a all a matter of perspective!

We’re coming from a Fiat 500 and Mini Cooper - we sold the Fiat for the Tesla but are keeping the Mini as our second car. We’re also smaller people - 5’5” and 5’1”.

My sister has three forward facing car seats in the rear of the 3. The maker is Diono but I don't know the model. Just search for "Diono Tesla model 3"
Not my most current setup as I’ve switched the the rear facing to a rear facing Diono as well.

40FC6283-742F-4B63-A049-745F22E33FAB.jpeg

My son will be 3 and I'll have two brand new babies later this year. With that said, I will need 3 rear facing car seats ....and a second job o_O. I currently drives a two door coupe and am looking to replace it asap; optimally with a Model 3.

I've read accounts of 3 car seats installed across the rear bench but haven't been able to find much in the way of actual users with three rear facing installed day to day. Has anyone come across this or better yet has this current set up? Any and all guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Wait for the Model Y reveal.

It might offer you some options.

For a family, sometimes a mini-van is still the best option. More room for everything, and great adjustability.

Downsides are that they are huge (no longer mini), use lots of gas, are no fun to drive and have a social stigma.

Hope the Model Y gives some hope for the hopeless : >)