Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 Reasons Not to get the White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blond wood dash might have been a better design for the white interior. The white dash was the primary reason I got black. I'm not interested in modifying such a large and visible feature as the dash.

I like the minimalism of the 3/Y, but I expect the parts that are used to be premium. Tesla choosing a white vinyl dash is a choice of cheapness.

The white dash has not bothered me or my wife at all. The white interior looks so much better than the black and really distinguishes the car from other brands. I’m biased though as I hate black interiors in any car. Black is the most common color for car interiors worldwide and it just looks generic. Plus it causes the car to be hotter. Even though we wanted and bought white on white, I would have taken any color exterior with white interior before white on black.

Reactions: tonyb99
Go to Amazon and put in LMZX or Top fit and look for the black matte piano finish for Model 3/Y. Don't go for a similar product that has a "carbon fiber" appearance, because the look and feel doesn't compare - I tried both.
This is the console cap at Amazon
Topfit Model 3 and Model Y Center Console ABS Matte Piano Black Cap Covers Sticker for Tesla Model 3&Y Wrap Accessories (M3/Y Center)
Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 3.16.08 PM.png

PROBLEM SOLVED; Instead of the hard shell faux carbon fiber dash cover, I ordered a set of Topfit brand dash cover and console cover in matte piano black.
They installed in about 15 minutes total. The combined cost was $99.00 with Prime free shipping. It gives the white interior a whole new look, like Tesla should have done from the start. It also has a great tactile feel and doesn't show fingerprints. Anyone with a white interior should certainly look into doing this.
I would also suggest that it would be great for the black interior, and the black dash cover matches the rest of the dash look without the phone wood grain..
So I understand you...you’re reversing your recommendation for this Topfit carbon fiber, and recommending Topfit matte piano black (below) instead, is this correct?
This is the console cap at Amazon
Topfit Model 3 and Model Y Center Console ABS Matte Piano Black Cap Covers Sticker for Tesla Model 3&Y Wrap Accessories (M3/Y Center)
View attachment 595051

The white dash has not bothered me or my wife at all. The white interior looks so much better than the black and really distinguishes the car from other brands. I’m biased though as I hate black interiors in any car. Black is the most common color for car interiors worldwide and it just looks generic. Plus it causes the car to be hotter. Even though we wanted and bought white on white, I would have taken any color exterior with white interior before white on black.

I like the white so much that I added white covers on the shiny black console, and on the center armrest. No issues with reflections at all, guess my eyes focus way beyond the windows. Even with a dog the white seats are easy to keep clean, and living in Arizona anything black gets too hot.

Installing the dashboard is very easy. There are videos on YouTube of how to do it. You push off the end pieces, pull off the vertical trim, and then pop up the dashboard. The only tool required is something like a highlighter pen to push off the end piece. This piece is really stuck in there and I thought I broke it. Turns out it has no tabs on it and it is tougher than it looks.

Very happy that we did this.