Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 tips to significantly increase range in winter and message for Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the plug @scottf200 , and sorry for the confusion I'll correct it right away.

There are 2 payment models you can choose from:
  • One-time payment
    Purchase à la carte only the features you want just one-time for permanent access on your Google account
  • Subscription
    Pay a small amount monthly for full access to all the features the app offers, including new features as they are released

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I had subscriptions as well. However, I'm confused. It is $15 on-time not $5/month. Perhaps you misread that. It is $5 if you just want to use/trial it for a month or two. No one would do that continually since you can get it for infinity for $15! Same as someone would not subscribe daily for $0.99 in the chart!!! It is so worth the priced. Think about eating out at lunch or dinner once. I did pay for some additional options and consider them worth every penny. Developer is responsive and has a thread on this forum. I have NO affiliation at all ... just a very happy user.
eT1mqoF.jpg

Could be I was confused, but I took Advanced Climate to be what is being discussed here, but maybe not. I do see now that the model is a one time fee for the base App of $15 and then if you want the Advanced Climate that is an additional one time fee of $3, then an additional one time fee of $3 for Advanced Charging, $3 for Advanced Controls, $3 for Speed Clocking..... so to get the full features of the App you would be in for $27, which is not terrible, but I would say this is a bit nickle and diming everyone, but to each their own.

To be honest when I looked at the chart you posted and downloaded the demo I thought the only way you could get all the features was the monthly subscription.

• Helpful
Charging a couple of hours before you leave, together with pre-heating 30 to 45 mins does it for me. I leave at six A.M. so the car starts charging at 03:00 and is ready between 05:30 and 06:00, depending on how much juice it takes to reach 90% SoC.
On top of this, I use Visible Tesla to start the heater (cabin + battery) 30 minutes (or 45 if it's really cold) before 06:00. Works perfectly. Also gets rid of snow on the roof and windows so no need to scrape off ice and snow.

I live in the Swiss mountains. Snow and Cold galore. But with these tricks, i'm perfectly fine. Warm and cozy when I board and a massive reduction in wasted energy due to "having to heat up using it's own battery". Also saves on discharge-charge cycles.
Use wall-power to warm that baby up folks. Your battery will thank you for it :)

Oh and I don't understand the "4 to 5 hours pre-heat" the TS speaks about. Seems totally unnecessary.

Thanks for the plug @scottf200 , and sorry for the confusion I'll correct it right away.

There are 2 payment models you can choose from:
  • One-time payment
    Purchase à la carte only the features you want just one-time for permanent access on your Google account
  • Subscription
    Pay a small amount monthly for full access to all the features the app offers, including new features as they are released

Ok seems not entirely forthright again, features are paid for by vehicle not for the app, so if you add for example Speed Clocking it only works for the car you had chosen before adding. When you switch vehicles the feature is not active

Might not matter to most people with one Tesla, but just another example of the pricing model in this App being a bit of a scam I think.

• Disagree
Reactions: SG57 and scottf200
Ok seems not entirely forthright again, features are paid for by vehicle not for the app, so if you add for example Speed Clocking it only works for the car you had chosen before adding. When you switch vehicles the feature is not active
Might not matter to most people with one Tesla, but just another example of the pricing model in this App being a bit of a scam I think.
A matter of perspective. How much do you pay to go out to eat, to watch a movie at a theater or any other number of examples that are one time. You bought a Performance (30K) option for goodness sake :) -- I look critically at apps I pay for and if they will be used regularly and are they support. If they are then I gladly pay. It is a steal of a deal if you take a step back. I'm sure they spent 100s of hours on this and on-going support.
Of course, it is no big deal if you don't want the app. I was just trying to be helpful. I'm just surprised by your take on an inexpensive app and rational / reasoning while driving a P100D :) <grin>
Good still could come out of this. Maybe the changes he made to the table/clarify will help him with other potential customers.

A matter of perspective. How much do you pay to go out to eat, to watch a movie at a theater or any other number of examples that are one time. You bought a Performance (30K) option for goodness sake :) -- I look critically at apps I pay for and if they will be used regularly and are they support. If they are then I gladly pay. It is a steal of a deal if you take a step back. I'm sure they spent 100s of hours on this and on-going support.
Of course, it is no big deal if you don't want the app. I was just trying to be helpful. I'm just surprised by your take on an inexpensive app and rational / reasoning while driving a P100D :) <grin>
Good still could come out of this. Maybe the changes he made to the table/clarify will help him with other potential customers.

Love to hear how it's a matter of perspective that when I pay for a feature in an app it only works for one car and not both when this is stated nowhere????

Now if you want some perspective, consider that maybe the reason I can afford a P is I make sure I am careful how I spend my money and in the case others care how they spend theirs I am letting them know how this App is really priced. Now you may not care, your choice, but others might.

To clarify, all in-app purchases are bound to your Google account with no limit to how many devices you use, or how many Tesla accounts or Tesla vehicles you may have.

I'll try to clarify this better from now on, sorry for the confusion.

To clarify, all in-app purchases are bound to your Google account with no limit to how many devices you use, or how many Tesla accounts or Tesla vehicles you may have.

I'll try to clarify this better from now on, sorry for the confusion.

OK appreciate the change, but yesterday before the today's update I tested with Speed Clocking many times switching between my Model S and Model X and Speed Clocking was only available on my Model S and not on my Model X.

Anyway, it does work now and I appreciate that. As I have posted some criticisms on the thread I will say I bought the full app as well as Speed Clocking and Automatic Behaviours and the app works really well. One thing I would add if you can is geofencing to Automatic Behaviours, TeslaFi has this and I find it useful (i.e. start HVAC at 6 am if car is Home).

Reactions: scottf200 and SG57
@NewTMSMan , the geofencing on automatic behaviors is coming as well as other automatic behavior conditions, like weather and vehicle status.

This will allow you to setup cool things to happen automatically, like automatically close the sun roof if your not at home, the sun roof is open and it's precipitating outside.

Last edited: