TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by SMAlset, Aug 31, 2017.

1. SMAlset

SMAlset Member

#1 SMAlset, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    We're on the reservation list for a Model 3 and thinking about mats for the new car already especially with rainy season not far down the road. We have 3D Maxpider Kagu mats in our Model S and absolutely love them--nice design, waterproof, curved edging. Bought the 2016 version and working with them to get a 2017 MS rear mat templated to incorporate some changes in the rear floor area. If anyone living near Fontana (Southern calif. near San Bernadino/Rancho Cucamonga/Riverside) has their Model 3 already or will soon (I know there are probably some lucky Tesla employees living down there) and would be willing to have their floor area scanned by them for templating, let me know.

2. lirandy

lirandy Member

I am not far from Fontana, and would be willing to do that. But my M3 wont be available until FEB-APR'2018.... LOL

• Love x 1
  3. Shygar

Shygar Member

I reached out to Weathertech as well as I'm a big fan of their mats. They are anxiously awaiting a Model 3 as well so they can scan it.

4. codex57

codex57 Member

Did they say how long after they scan it will they have production ones for sale? I know iPhone cases take about 6 weeks, but those are relatively simple objects to produce.

5. jmm3

jmm3 Member

Hi, I'm willing to do this if no one sooner gets it. I'm in Riverside have a Nov-Jan 2017 deivery estimate

• Love x 1
  6. SMAlset

SMAlset Member

Great. Thanks guys for volunteering. Wondering who will have the earliest date reading this. If an employee sees this it could be much sooner in production.

7. SMAlset

SMAlset Member

I didn't ask when we exchanged emails but will ask typically how long it takes. I'm sure they'd love to get it out before rainy season and winter weather.

• Like x 1
  8. eSpiritIV

eSpiritIV Member

The Kagu mats you mention look nice. Weathertech are good, but are too spendy (made in USA). I tend to also like Husky Liners. Very similar to Weathertech and i have them in my FJ cruiser