TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by SMAlset, Aug 31, 2017.

1. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

#1 SMAlset, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    We're on the reservation list for a Model 3 and thinking about mats for the new car already especially with rainy season not far down the road. We have 3D Maxpider Kagu mats in our Model S and absolutely love them--nice design, waterproof, curved edging. Bought the 2016 version and working with them to get a 2017 MS rear mat templated to incorporate some changes in the rear floor area. If anyone living near Fontana (Southern calif. near San Bernadino/Rancho Cucamonga/Riverside) has their Model 3 already or will soon (I know there are probably some lucky Tesla employees living down there) and would be willing to have their floor area scanned by them for templating, let me know.

2. lirandy

lirandy Member

I am not far from Fontana, and would be willing to do that. But my M3 wont be available until FEB-APR'2018.... LOL

• Love x 1
  3. Shygar

Shygar Member

I reached out to Weathertech as well as I'm a big fan of their mats. They are anxiously awaiting a Model 3 as well so they can scan it.

4. codex57

codex57 Member

Did they say how long after they scan it will they have production ones for sale? I know iPhone cases take about 6 weeks, but those are relatively simple objects to produce.

5. jmm3

jmm3 Member

Hi, I'm willing to do this if no one sooner gets it. I'm in Riverside have a Nov-Jan 2017 deivery estimate

• Love x 1
  6. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

Great. Thanks guys for volunteering. Wondering who will have the earliest date reading this. If an employee sees this it could be much sooner in production.

7. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

I didn't ask when we exchanged emails but will ask typically how long it takes. I'm sure they'd love to get it out before rainy season and winter weather.

• Like x 1
  8. eSpiritIV

eSpiritIV Member

The Kagu mats you mention look nice. Weathertech are good, but are too spendy (made in USA). I tend to also like Husky Liners. Very similar to Weathertech and i have them in my FJ cruiser

9. wong5185

wong5185 Member

We will be getting our Model 3 on Sunday and we live in the San Gabriel Valley.

10. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Member

I'm picking up mine tomorrow. I work in Ontario just a few miles from Fontana. How long would they need to car to scan it?

11. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

#11 SMAlset, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    Great! Just saw your posts. Thanks for responding. Located my contact info for the person I spoke with and will PM you guys after the New Year to let you know if they still need someone to come in for the scanning and if so you can make contact to let them know your schedule. I'll touch base with them on the refreshed Model S's 2nd row seat mats as well.

Don't think we previously discussed how long the scanning would take but I'll ask.

Congrats on your new cars!

12. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

#12 SMAlset, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Great news, heard back from them and have forwarded the info onto @Bennyboy since he'll be closest to their location and apparently they can go to his workplace and do the scanning from there. Said the measuring session takes 2-3 hours, they don't disassemble any parts of the vehicle. Hopefully those interested in their mats will be able to get a set for their Model 3 soon.

Thanks again guys for volunteering.

• Informative x 1
  13. LEKTRON

LEKTRON Member

Hi, any update on this?

14. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

Yep, just heard from them that they are scanning a Model 3 tomorrow. I asked how long typically production takes after scanning and when might the mats be available to order and from where. Update the thread when I know more.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  15. LEKTRON

LEKTRON Member

Cool, thanks for the update.

16. Frank the Tank

Any updates? Looking to get some rubber floor mats for my new 3.

Anyone try anything else yet?

17. LEKTRON

LEKTRON Member

I contacted the company, they said they will put them up on Amazon. In the meantime, there is a seller "ToughPro" on amazon that is offering flat (not moulded) mats similar to "hexomat". I actually sent them the outlines of my OEM mats, I'll be putting them in tomorrow

18. PoitNarf

PoitNarf Member

I assume you mean these mats? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0792RW471/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_5ZqzAbMPVB0H0

19. LEKTRON

LEKTRON Member

#19 LEKTRON, Jan 21, 2018 at 2:16 PM
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018 at 2:39 PM
    Yes

20. Frank the Tank

Awesome. Did they mention when they would put on Amazon?