Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, thanks i will look back and wait for the ebay listing again

FYI - we've had a few Canadian customers order via our website, you would just need to use a freight forwarder located in the U.S. If you do this via our website, please check out using the PayPal option on our website so that you can use a Canadian billing address. If you live near the border, a few people have also had it shipped to a UPS Store on the U.S. side of the border.

• Helpful
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
I’d like to get a set that is styled like those offered by Manicci or Luxury Leather Car Mats. I want to deaden road noise and have a great non-rubber appearance... while Weathertech and similar look nice it’s just not what I want. But neither of those companies offer mats for the 3. In a mat thread it had been mentioned that front mats for S and 3 is are the same. Has that been verified? Diamond said they don’t have the measurements...is there a way to get those? Any other viable options?

I'm trying to recall after reading this entire thread, but is there another material we can order for the Model 3 Maxpider mats? My understanding is the "Kagu" is the rubberized 3-D looking dots material, but I thought I saw where there was another material available, almost like a very dense low cut carpet type pile. It might have been in the video posted from the guy with the very dirty Model S. Is that flooring material available for the Model 3 Maxpider mats?

--Cintoman

I'm trying to recall after reading this entire thread, but is there another material we can order for the Model 3 Maxpider mats? My understanding is the "Kagu" is the rubberized 3-D looking dots material, but I thought I saw where there was another material available, almost like a very dense low cut carpet type pile. It might have been in the video posted from the guy with the very dirty Model S. Is that flooring material available for the Model 3 Maxpider mats?

--Cintoman

Outdoors posted about his 3D Maxpider carpeted version mats he bought for his Model S (but put in his Model 3) in this thread here: 3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3
and here: 3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

I'm just not a fan of carpeted mats any longer but I get that some may like a softer plushy feel under their feet. I just feel that stuff gets embedded in carpet and I would rather have a hard surface which doesn't trap stuff. We take the low-maintenance route with most things and the Kagu offers that. As mentioned previously, we've had our Kagu version in our MS for over a year and will be ordering the same for my Model 3 (or our second MS if I end up going that way--been waiting on AWD and don't want performance--but also miss somethings we have on our MS we can't get on a Model 3 :().

Someone was asking what people are doing with their original carpeted mats. When we received our Model S Kagu mats last year we pulled our original carpeted MS mats and stored them in the Kagu box. If or somewhere down the road when we sell our MS (love it too much to contemplate that happening now!), we'll put the original mats, that will be looking like new, back in the car. Small thing but a second owner may appreciate that. In the meantime they sit stored away.

Last edited:
Reactions: fseir
Outdoors posted about his 3D Maxpider carpeted version mats he bought for his Model S (but put in his Model 3) in this thread here: 3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3
and here: 3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

Someone was asking what people are doing with their original carpeted mats. When we received our Model S Kagu mats last year we pulled our original carpeted MS mats and stored them in the Kagu box. If or somewhere down the road when we sell our MS (love it too much to contemplate that happening now!), we'll put the original mats, that will be looking like new, back in the car. Small thing but a second owner may appreciate that. In the meantime they sit stored away.

Thanks for the links @SMAlset. I'm likely going to go for the Kagu ones, but just wanted to see and get a feel for the carpeted mats 3D Maxpider offers. I too prefer something that won't embed dirt into it.

As for the original carpeted mats, I did to my existing car what you did with your S mats. Since Day 1, I've had the Mercedes carpeted mats that came with my car in a box in my garage. The first thing I did after taking the keys to my car was replace the carpeted mats with the winter/all-weather rubber mats. And I've used the winter mats ever since (been nearly 12 years already). So when I do sell the car, those carpeted mats will go back in, and they'll look brand new...because they are. And that's something I've definitely noticed next owners appreciate.

--Cintoman

Reactions: SMAlset

--Cintoman

For the Tesla the MAXpider carpet are only available for the 2012-2017 Model S. I'm not aware of any plans right now for the Model 3, but it's probably likely they will be available further down the line.

• Informative
Reactions: Cintoman
Today Only:
20% Off Everything!*

Celebrate Dad and save with coupon code PICKDADSGIFT.
Ends at 7pm PT. Min. $50 purchase.

Shop Now
Max $100 discount.

How to redeem your Coupon:
  1. Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions).
  2. Pay for your item by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on June 6, 2018
  3. Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: PICKDADSGIFT

Too bad the mats can’t be ordered on eBay to take advantage of this.

Today Only:
20% Off Everything!*

Celebrate Dad and save with coupon code PICKDADSGIFT.
Ends at 7pm PT. Min. $50 purchase.

Shop Now
Max $100 discount.

How to redeem your Coupon:
  1. Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions).
  2. Pay for your item by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on June 6, 2018
  3. Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: PICKDADSGIFT