TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

3D Printed Mobile Charger Mount

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by Bonaventure, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Bonaventure

Bonaventure Member

I could not find one of those commercially available, but Thingiverse had some files. I don't have a 3D Printer, so I send the files to kirby's Hub and he did a great job!

I thought this might be a nice solution for others in the same boat, and you might even mount them cleaner than I did :)

Kirby's thread:

kirby's Hub

Thingiverse files:

Tesla UMC wall mount by znib
    Tesla Wall Connector Cable Organizer by TooMuchFun (print at 107% or 108%)

He also made the logo red for me, which I thought was really cool!

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. Electric700

Electric700 Active Member

3. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

I printed one of these, it works great. I did 100% fill and .1mm thick layers.

4. SilverUnicorn

SilverUnicorn Supporting Member

I don't know 3D printing. So can you advise the following since I'd like to get a holder for the charger.
    - via Kirby's Hub, which 3D printer did you select?
    - which Marvin level?
    - I'd like to get the "Tesla" in silver, so I'll ask the Kirby team once I know the above answers.

I bought a finished 3D printed part off Panjo for my UMC charger and mounted it today with a $15 vacuum holder (I increased the size of the screw holes since I wanted them flush so the cable isn't rubbed when resting on the holder). My setup as shown.

My UMC Cable Mgmt.JPG

5. Bonaventure

Bonaventure Member

I don't know what a Marvin level is? I just uploaded the files. I think I picked the cheapest options. He offered to add the red for me, but you could ask about the silver.

6. SilverUnicorn

SilverUnicorn Supporting Member

For historical purposes.... this is the seller I bought my lightning bolt UMC holder from.