TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

3D Printed Mobile Charger Mount

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by Bonaventure, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Bonaventure

Bonaventure Member

I could not find one of those commercially available, but Thingiverse had some files. I don't have a 3D Printer, so I send the files to kirby's Hub and he did a great job!

I thought this might be a nice solution for others in the same boat, and you might even mount them cleaner than I did :)

Kirby's thread:

kirby's Hub

Thingiverse files:

Tesla UMC wall mount by znib
    Tesla Wall Connector Cable Organizer by TooMuchFun (print at 107% or 108%)

He also made the logo red for me, which I thought was really cool!

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. Electric700

Electric700 Active Member

3. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

I printed one of these, it works great. I did 100% fill and .1mm thick layers.

4. SilverUnicorn

SilverUnicorn Member

I don't know 3D printing. So can you advise the following since I'd like to get a holder for the charger.
    - via Kirby's Hub, which 3D printer did you select?
    - which Marvin level?
    - I'd like to get the "Tesla" in silver, so I'll ask the Kirby team once I know the above answers.

I bought a finished 3D printed part off Panjo for my UMC charger and mounted it today with a $15 vacuum holder (I increased the size of the screw holes since I wanted them flush so the cable isn't rubbed when resting on the holder). My setup as shown.

My UMC Cable Mgmt.JPG

5. Bonaventure

Bonaventure Member

I don't know what a Marvin level is? I just uploaded the files. I think I picked the cheapest options. He offered to add the red for me, but you could ask about the silver.

6. SilverUnicorn

SilverUnicorn Member

For historical purposes.... this is the seller I bought my lightning bolt UMC holder from.