Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D-printed rear seat shoulder belt guides

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed the 3D-printed rear seat shoulder belt guides on my 2020 Model Y. I bought these from a vendor on Etsy - 2020-2022 Tesla Model Y Rear Seat Belt Guide set | Etsy.
Rw2rpKf.jpg

Shipping was fast and he included a small tool to remove the headrest. It was a 1-minute install.

They look, feel and operate as a factory part. Very high quality. We have a dog so please excuse the dried dog slobber.

Anyone find the STL for this? It's sold out on Etsy, but I'd love to print this at home. I found this on thingiverse but OP's is more elegant.

I can't find any other pictures of this uninstalled, but I assume the piece extends under the headrest with two holes for the posts to go through? Would be pretty easy to print from the looks of it. Maybe I'll have to bust out tinkercad and make my own.

edit: I see a picture of it now. Looks like I've got my next tinkercad project. From the pictures I can tell it's printed flat. Probably don't even need supports for the holes.

The belt guides look like a good idea but, looks like they would have to be un-hooked to use them, at least for adults.
Great question and I initially had questions so aside from some "static" tests I conducted with myself and my wife (I'm 5'9" and she's 5'1") I took some buddies for lunch yesterday (both BIG guys, one being 6'4") and asked them if they had any issues with using the seat belts and even did an emergency stop and they both said they didn't notice any issues.

I have them snugged up to the bottom of the headrest and could be pushed down closer to the top of the rear seat.

I know other cars have similar guides/brackets I'll see how they position them, but for now, I haven't identified any issues with them.

Reactions: AlMason and Stach
Anyone find the STL for this? It's sold out on Etsy, but I'd love to print this at home. I found this on thingiverse but OP's is more elegant.

I can't find any other pictures of this uninstalled, but I assume the piece extends under the headrest with two holes for the posts to go through? Would be pretty easy to print from the looks of it. Maybe I'll have to bust out tinkercad and make my own.

edit: I see a picture of it now. Looks like I've got my next tinkercad project. From the pictures I can tell it's printed flat. Probably don't even need supports for the holes.
Subscribed for the stl!