Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D printed Supercharger for my BB :-)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there - soon-to-be 70D owner here. Besides that, I'm also a mobile phone freak, and tinkerer with everything related to 3D printing. Latest creation: a fully working mobile phone Tesla "Supercharger" for my BB :biggrin:
When I get some time, I'll work on the finish - i.e. smoothing the whole thing out, and add the red part on the inside.

IMAG0635_1.jpg
IMAG0634_1.jpg
IMAG0632_1_1.jpg
IMAG0630_1.jpg

Cheers,
Rog

Attachments

• IMAG0635_1.jpg
    IMAG0635_1.jpg
    885.8 KB · Views: 966
  • IMAG0634_1.jpg
    IMAG0634_1.jpg
    898.9 KB · Views: 890
  • IMAG0632_1_1.jpg
    IMAG0632_1_1.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 886
  • IMAG0630_1.jpg
    IMAG0630_1.jpg
    1,022.6 KB · Views: 858
Thanks guys!

re BB: there are still companies that only allow those devices to be used to connect to the corporate network The good thing is that my mini supercharger does not have a proprietary connector, it works with pretty much any phone ( except the one from that other company that uses proprietary connectors too )

Cheers,
Rog

I agree with everyone else. I would buy a few, once the colors are set and so on. Mine need lightening connectors, though. Wouldn't it be great to have a set of connectors to a hub, enclosed like the transformer cabinets of Superchargers, and parking spaces around the terminals in which to park the phones, tablets, etc. Oh, and we need one for a watch too, so the Apple Watches, various Androids, etc can also have their parking spaces. I'd use lots of extra space, but I'd love it. Then it needs a small app to help find which 'supercharger' is charging a particular device, mimicking the My Tesla app.

We could get quite ridiculous, but then that's the idea!

someone was selling a set of these awhile ago. I also happen to know a certain princess was rocking one ;)

Insider info? :tongue:

From Evannex article of a picture from a desk at Tesla Fremont factory. LOVE IT! I think you could really sell a lot of these as well as charging Tesla S model stations. Go for it!

Darn it, and I thought I was the first one to think of this :biggrin: Thanks for posting this, I indeed was kind of assuming that someone at Tesla (or somewhere else) must have thought of this before!

I agree with everyone else. I would buy a few, once the colors are set and so on. Mine need lightening connectors, though. Wouldn't it be great to have a set of connectors to a hub, enclosed like the transformer cabinets of Superchargers, and parking spaces around the terminals in which to park the phones, tablets, etc. Oh, and we need one for a watch too, so the Apple Watches, various Androids, etc can also have their parking spaces. I'd use lots of extra space, but I'd love it. Then it needs a small app to help find which 'supercharger' is charging a particular device, mimicking the My Tesla app.

Love the idea! If I only had enough time at hand...

I believe there would be a strong market for this

I'll do a test run using laser sintering and see how it turns out. Other materials would be cool to try as well (think about stainless steel..)

it looks like the charging cord is just threaded through the model. Should be possible to have the user supply the cord.

it looks like the charging cord is just threaded through the model. Should be possible to have the user supply the cord.

I actually have 2 versions, one consists of 2 halves that need to be glued together ( the cord is just sandwiched in ), the one shown above is a full model where the cord is threaded through. Involves cutting the cord and solder it back together, since the plug is too big to thread it through.