Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3G Connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm onto day 6 of my Model X adventure and I must say I am loving every aspect of this vehicle.

One thing I have noticed is that I often start the car only to not have any 3G connectivity. After driving for awhile it will connect and for the most part will remain connected for the rest of the journey. As a result of the constant dropping, usually while parked, I cannot access the car via the app (I'm sure the novelty of constantly checking of the app will diminish). Also traffic information and Spotify don't work.

I don't live in the sticks. I'm in inner suburban Melbourne. At these times my phone has full 4G service. Is this a common issue?

It's not a deal breaker. The car is superb.

• Funny
Reactions: Oz Will
My Model S lives in an underground car space and I can generally connect to it with my app.
Only occasionally does it lose a 3G connection and is substantially better than my iPhone 4S that doesn't get signal in the same garage.
Perhaps you have a faulty SIM, modem card or your aerial is not securely connected.
I would show it to Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: Tozla
Called the SC today and they think it's unusual. Bringing it in next week. Doesn't help me for the road trip I started today. The car connected well to my 4G portable Wi-Fi device.

Superchargers at Euroa and Wodonga got good use today. A couple of ICE vehicles taking up spots in Wodonga.