Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3M Crystalline Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where I live, there's not much choice when it comes to window tinting. 3M Crystalline series seems to be the way to go and I'm thinking to go with CR50 all around and CR90 for the windshield.

I've seen the CR60 on a car in person but it brings out a hint of blueish gray which is not something that I want. I'm looking for something that looks purely black, if you know what I'm saying.

For those with Crystalline tint, care to share pics?

You don't find it too dark at night? I guess the VLT of CR50 is 42%.

CR90 isn't worth doing. CR70 rejects way more heat. The numbers on paper don't show it but to me it's a huge difference. I was going to go with 70 on the X but the tint shop recommended 60 for the front windshield due to how large it is and how we don't have normal sunshades. It definitely is darker than 70 but at night it's fine.

I was pushing for CR20 for the side windows but my wife didn't want it too dark inside so we got CR40 on the sides. She's fine with the 60 on the front windshield.

CR90 isn't worth doing. CR70 rejects way more heat. The numbers on paper don't show it but to me it's a huge difference. I was going to go with 70 on the X but the tint shop recommended 60 for the front windshield due to how large it is and how we don't have normal sunshades. It definitely is darker than 70 but at night it's fine.

I was pushing for CR20 for the side windows but my wife didn't want it too dark inside so we got CR40 on the sides. She's fine with the 60 on the front windshield.
Thanks. I should be ok with CR80 then. I guess the VLT of CR80 is actually 62% so their naming scheme is way off. I don't mind clear on windshield. With AC on, I don't notice and it still blocks around 30% of heat. But 3M really should rename their various films as the VLT doesn't come close to their 60,70,80...etc naming scheme.

Airblue 80 is 77% so might be better option for something almost clear.

Crystalline or not, 90% is way too light on the windshield for the money you'll spend.... I would go 70% honesty after having 55% on my previous Tesla Model 3.

For the front sides, 15-20% will match the factory rear tinted glass. 35% is a nice shade in-between IMO and you can always go darker with a white or cream interior car due to the extra light reflection.

Crystalline or not, 90% is way too light on the windshield for the money you'll spend.... I would go 70% honesty after having 55% on my previous Tesla Model 3.

For the front sides, 15-20% will match the factory rear tinted glass. 35% is a nice shade in-between IMO and you can always go darker with a white or cream interior car due to the extra light reflection.

Thanks. I was worried about it being too dark actually. Thinking of CR80 on front and CR50 on sides so I should be ok.

Where I live, there's not much choice when it comes to window tinting. 3M Crystalline series seems to be the way to go and I'm thinking to go with CR50 all around and CR90 for the windshield.

I've seen the CR60 on a car in person but it brings out a hint of blueish gray which is not something that I want. I'm looking for something that looks purely black, if you know what I'm saying.

For those with Crystalline tint, care to share pics?
Go to Xpel and search find retailer. I would do Xpel over 3M. I have done both and Xpel was better, looked better, and was a better value.

The tint shop can show you samples and watch YouTube.