Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3M IR Tint vs LLumar IRX Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dude the sad thing is I’ve went to cheaper places and got better service. Heck one time I went to a guy at his house off the books and he did an incredible job. This time I said I’m gonna spare no expense and got the worst most expensive tint ever. It’s supposed to be LLumar IRX
You could get Llumar stratos tint with no windshield for $800 in NJ!

Stratos is top of the line and IRX is mid tier. Stratos has the highest heat rejection and uses Llumars latest innovation. Compare the specs!

Man, I do believe in karma and I hope this shop gets theirs. It’s not even about the money anymore it’s about the principle. Seeing this now especially after the hostility not only do they stink but they’re greedy. Business like that won’t last. And surprisingly this place has like a 4.4 star review on google with a couple hundred reviews. IRX was the best they carried. I guess he got me on the sales pitch

Man, I do believe in karma and I hope this shop gets theirs. It’s not even about the money anymore it’s about the principle. Seeing this now especially after the hostility not only do they stink but they’re greedy. Business like that won’t last. And surprisingly this place has like a 4.4 star review on google with a couple hundred reviews. IRX was the best they carried. I guess he got me on the sales pitch
You get it from Tropic Tints?

Reactions: Tes-londa
I'm taking delivery soon, where did you go to get the Formula 1 Stratos?
Rocky Mountain Tint in Livermore.

I got 50% tint on windshield. I was concerned it would be too dark but once you get acclimated, it’s not dark at all. So much light comes through, it’s barely noticeable. It helps TREMENDOUSLY on the heat reduction. The arm test used to get hot to the touch when it was 70° and sunny. No longer. Maintains cabin temp with ease. Happy with the product.

Reactions: e645824 and Teslu
Rocky Mountain Tint in Livermore.

I got 50% tint on windshield. I was concerned it would be too dark but once you get acclimated, it’s not dark at all. So much light comes through, it’s barely noticeable. It helps TREMENDOUSLY on the heat reduction. The arm test used to get hot to the touch when it was 70° and sunny. No longer. Maintains cabin temp with ease. Happy with the product.

Thank you! Could you share some photos? I'm still undecided about going 50% or 70% in the front.

Thank you! Could you share some photos? I'm still undecided about going 50% or 70% in the front.
I have blue eyes and am sensitive to light so 50 was still very bright inside even with black interior. 70% is like the Mercedes windows with the bluish hue. 50 has the charcoal color to it. I’ll get photo and upload soon.

FYI that guy books 6 weeks out or so most times.

Reactions: Teslu and Tes-londa
Hey. So I found a guy who did my buddy’s X5 and he’s super anal retentive so if he made him happy I’m sure this guy is good.

Only thing is he does it as a side gig and he only carries SunTek ceramic. I’ve read mixed reviews on this.

You guys have seen my pics. My wife is now nagging me that she’d rather keep the “premium product” and deal with the crap job over a potentially worse tint.

Can anyone speak to if it’s quality or not ?

No, but Suntek is owned by Eastman who owns Llumar. You need to find out which film he’s using. We keep telling you to get Stratos but you don’t listen. You seem to like to go ahead and do your own thing!
I haven’t done anything yet. Was just asking. Stratos seems amazing but I’m not gonna get my money back from this shop. This was kind of a triage type of thing.

:(

• Disagree
Reactions: Madsen203
That sucks. :/.

Small claims court would be a good start to getting it back.
You guys are awesome though thanks so much for all the input. I may just leave it … I thought I was over reacting but I posted the photos here and you guys agree it was a terrible job. I’ve gotten my other cars tinted at cheap places and it came out better than This. You figure I’m spending 5x the money I’d get a quality job. Lol