Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd Reveal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't go making me put you on ignore list now with blasphemous statements about the 911! :p When I was a kid my dream car was a 911 Turbo slantnose. When I graduated college I foolishly bought one and still have it. Yes, the styling is/was a bit garish and over the top and hasn't held up well with the ages. Fortunately with the values they now demand, it will fund my Model 3 purchase. I was fortunate to live my dream but ready to move on and let someone else enjoy the car and I can live my next dream with a Tesla!
If you must, then please make sure it goes to someone who will actually ENJOY the car, rather than putting it in mothballs and bubblewrap as a speculative investment to be held in museum quality exile. To each his own and stuff... But I always thought the worst looking Corvette always looked far better than the sexiest 911.

@tsla007 -- I sincerely doubt that anyone among Tesla's external Suppliers is expected to Deliver 500,000 units worth of parts to Fremont by July 1, 2017 or sooner. It is more likely that they will be asked to demonstrate their ability to Deliver quality components with as much as three months and as little as two weeks notice in quantities ranging from perhaps 4,000 to 10,000 units at a time on a weekly basis. If they can, cool. If not, other arrangements will have to be made.

I heard the July 1, 2017 date as the date that suppliers are expected to be able to start delivering production quantities of parts. This means all the molds and tooling are done, first articles have been produced off them and characterized/validated and any issues resolved, and all software is released. Almost all of the validation and fit/finish work will have been accomplished on the 300 prototypes that they are probably building now. I'm guessing that Tesla is asking suppliers to be ready to deliver 1000 parts on July 1, 10,000 parts on Aug 1, and 25,000 parts on Sept 1.

Reactions: Falkirk
The 3rd reveal will absolutely NOT be in July.

Not sure why you would think that. All clues, including Elon's explicit statements, have said March.
My guess is 3rd (and final) reveal in March, with initial small numbers of deliveries to employees and then current California owners going out soon after. After July 1, we start to see larger numbers going out, spreading quickly across the country.

Reactions: Red Sage
My guess is 3rd (and final) reveal in March, with initial small numbers of deliveries to employees and then current California owners going out soon after. After July 1, we start to see larger numbers going out, spreading quickly across the country.

I'm thinking 3rd reveal at the end of March. Design Studio live in early April, giving suppliers an idea of what parts and how many of them they need to show up with on July 1st. Production for Tesla and Space X employees starts up right away. And by the start of Q4, Tesla is up and running getting through as many of the local area, current owner, well-optioned orders as they can, and Q1 2018 is when most of us in the US should expect our vehicles.

But again....we're all just on here guessing.

Reactions: Red Sage