Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd Reveal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the Model X they still made changes to the style after the final reveal. It also took 3-4 months before production started after the final reveal.

It will likely be a similar timeline then. Elon has hinted around a March-April reveal part 3, and hints keep popping up about mid-2017 deliveries (mostly due to the July 1st "drop-dead" date Elon gave to the vendors.

There would still be a small window for tweaks between reveal 3 and production.

What changes were there made? I don't recall anything changing style-wise after the reveal. Curious as to what you are recalling.
Maybe the active vs. fixed spoiler? Many of the first Xs that were delivered had the active spoiler, even if the buyer didn't choose that option. I don't think the fixed spoiler was shown at the reveal but I could be remembering incorrectly.

Maybe the active vs. fixed spoiler? Many of the first Xs that were delivered had the active spoiler, even if the buyer didn't choose that option. I don't think the fixed spoiler was shown at the reveal but I could be remembering incorrectly.
I guess that could be interpreted as a style change, but the active spoiler was only originally intended for the performance version. It did end up on some 90s because of using up inventory before they switched to the fixed spoiler for the non-performance cars.

It's almost to the point where some of these threads in the Model 3 forum for me don't make sense with the "noise" filtered out and conversation bouncing all over. :p

I understand some of the frustration of current Tesla owners wandering into this side of the forums and not having the same level of brand knowledge to deal with like they would on a Model S or X forum, but it's to be expected, there's no reason to lash out at people about it.

ALL of the topics on the Model 3 side of the house seem like they stray off into 100 different tangents. For the most part, it's good constructive stuff. There's nothing wrong with having diversity of ideas.

I'm sure we'll be a little better at staying on topic once we start getting our cars.

Reactions: ohmman and Red Sage
I understand some of the frustration of current Tesla owners wandering into this side of the forums and not having the same level of brand knowledge to deal with like they would on a Model S or X forum, but it's to be expected, there's no reason to lash out at people about it.

ALL of the topics on the Model 3 side of the house seem like they stray off into 100 different tangents. For the most part, it's good constructive stuff. There's nothing wrong with having diversity of ideas.

I'm sure we'll be a little better at staying on topic once we start getting our cars.
I didn't mean to imply the "noise" being randomness of topics and tangents, it's just the attitude some members convey and passive-aggressive pettiness. The world is full of enough of that junk and I come to TMC to escape that, so I have no time whatsoever for that here. Those members to remain unnamed may offer useful posts occasionally, but I chose to ignore them altogether as the remaining time they offer nothing useful.

Hopefully they will have changed the front of it to look like the front of a Model S instead of the ugly Porche 911 look!
The front-end reminds me more of the Studebaker Avanti, which, in my mind, is one of the most beautiful body designs in a production car. Even after Studebaker folded, the Avanti took on a life of its own and continued to be built (albeit in small numbers) for years.

63-Studebaker-Avanti-white-DV-11-GC_01.jpg

So, I hope they leave the Model 3 nose alone and not add a fake grillette as a nod to the past. After all, we've moved beyond tailfins and fake jet-engine intakes, haven't we?

Last edited:
The front-end reminds me more of the Studebaker Avanti, which, in my mind, is one of the most beautiful body designs in a production car. Even after Studebaker folded, the Avanti took on a life of its own and continued to be built (albeit in small numbers) for years.

A gym teacher in high school had one of these (never did like it). I'm fine with either front end, although I like the idea of all the models having a common look.

I'm ok as it is, but don't care for forms that get in the way of function. I would prefer a nose with the lowest drag coefficient. All those "character" creases likely act to disrupt a smoother airflow. Plus the lower "lip" looks like a real parking lot curb hazard.
Robin

Reactions: Jayc