Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5 seater - Model X issue "Second Row Seats Not Secure"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

Bought my Model X - 90D and took delivery in mid December 2016, of a 5-seater Model X.

Just discovered a issue with the 5-seater, by sitting in the second row seats while my girlfriend was driving.

After getting in the car and sitting in the second row, and as my girlfriend puts the car in reverse to start driving, an error on the driver dashboard "Second Row Seats Not Secure" shows up. So I tested the other second row seats, and noticed the same thing happens on the passenger side second row seats. But it doesn't show up in the middle seat in the second row.

Has anybody experienced this too? Anybody know how to resolve this

*btw, not a fan of the 5 seater option, the other seating options that Tesla demonstrated in the showrooms were well designed 'electronic' seats. The seats in the 5 seater option, is a cheap manual lever to adjust the seats. And with out the design qualities of the other seating options

Hi

Bought my Model X - 90D and took delivery in mid December 2016, of a 5-seater Model X.

Just discovered a issue with the 5-seater, by sitting in the second row seats while my girlfriend was driving.

After getting in the car and sitting in the second row, and as my girlfriend puts the car in reverse to start driving, an error on the driver dashboard "Second Row Seats Not Secure" shows up. So I tested the other second row seats, and noticed the same thing happens on the passenger side second row seats. But it doesn't show up in the middle seat in the second row.

Has anybody experienced this too? Anybody know how to resolve this

*btw, not a fan of the 5 seater option, the other seating options that Tesla demonstrated in the showrooms were well designed 'electronic' seats. The seats in the 5 seater option, is a cheap manual lever to adjust the seats. And with out the design qualities of the other seating options

Sounds like the you need a newer firmware problem people reported in the beginning of December. The problem was thought to be that the 6-7 seat model sensors are reporting the error. There was also a report of the 5 seater rear bench not secured to the floor.

I love my 5 seater. The room for the back seat passengers is amazing. The storage area is gargantuan. I filled mine up on a Saturday. In some ways, I can haul more than my old pick-up.

Reactions: Fiddler
Funny seeing this thread. I have the exact same issue with my recent delivery where the driver / passenger side of the back seat throws an error but the middle is fine.

I tried all of the resets that I could think of and nothing fixed the issue. I did get a FW update last night that will be applied tonight so I will see if that fixes the problem.