Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

50,000 Mile Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True :redface: . In fact, I'd like to give a shout-out to the West Palm Beach service center for their excellent customer service; I dropped my car off last night after they had closed, and I already have my car back with a loaner battery.

When you go back (if you do vs. picking up your fixed battery at another location), feel free to stop by the gallery inside the mall and say hi to Bohdan, my Owner Advisor. He has been great to work with and exemplary in his follow up. Now I just need to survive the next 38 hours until I get my car!!!!

IMG_20150321_231935.jpg

I'm currently at 53,000 miles now. I'm still loving the car. I've only gone in for one service visit and I've replaced 4 tires IIRC.

I've got almost 55K miles - and don't recall charging much above 90% or having charge below 10% - and haven't seen any noticeable loss of range. I've charged most of the time with an HPWC set at 80A - and have spent about 1/4 of the time charging overnight with a 14-50 outlet set at 40A.

What #'s are you guys seeing 100% or 90% ideal charge? I'm at 30k miles, just curious to see how you higher mileage folks compare.

@55K miles, a 100% charge nets me 257 +/-2 rated miles. I max charge at least twice a week and its not completely consistent from charge to charge, hence I have been reporting it as a range, when folks ask.

I'm at 31k and I get about 221 rated at 90%. The last time I range charged I got around 257 rated, but that was a while ago so I expect it to be less the next time I do. I rarely ever range charge unless I'm worried about making my destination and need more buffer. That means mostly on road trips where there might not be super chargers. car has never sat below 10% for any extended period of time or above 100% for more than a couple hours since I owned it so I'm kind of disappointed in my #'s compared to what I see others share. Perhaps it's the GA heat or perhaps it is something else. I bought it as a loaner and I will say that I've noticed on quite a few loaners I've had while mine was in the shop the charge limit was always set 100%... perhaps the loaners get a lot of abuse in terms of charging (lots of full charges and lots of sitting at 100%)... That's all I can think of aside from climate (heat) or maybe just my general unluckiness. :rolleyes: EDIT: B-pack VIN11.5k

SeminoleFSU, I rarely range charge also. My 90% is also 221 miles, so I don't think the range charges early on nor the Georgia heat is it. I have neither of those parameters. I think my last range charge was very near 250 miles.
I don't really worry about it. It's probably out of calibration because I often charge to 70% and don't get below even 50% on my shorter drive days.

I just passed 40k yesterday, 50k later this year.

SeminoleFSU, I rarely range charge also. My 90% is also 221 miles, so I don't think the range charges early on nor the Georgia heat is it. I have neither of those parameters. I think my last range charge was very near 250 miles.
I don't really worry about it. It's probably out of calibration because I often charge to 70% and don't get below even 50% on my shorter drive days.
I just passed 40k yesterday, 50k later this year.
Thanks for the input sir. So we're both 221 rated at 90%, but you have 10k more miles than me too :) Not sure about the age of your car though... I'm not terribly worried about it, just kinda stinks to feel like you're on the lower end of average.. (there's a joke in there somewhere but I'm not touching that) :p

I'm at 31k and I get about 221 rated at 90%. The last time I range charged I got around 257 rated, but that was a while ago so I expect it to be less the next time I do.

My car has 31k miles as well (but only 700 of those are mine) and I get 239 miles at 90%. Who knows though if it is being overly optimistic or yours is being overly pessimistic. I am still only 120v 15a at home, so I am focused more on charging at work and seem to sit around 125 - 200 miles of rated range (they ask us to only charge 3x hours per day to give everyone a chance; there were only two stalls of 12 open today when I plugged in at lunch).

My car has 31k miles as well (but only 700 of those are mine) and I get 239 miles at 90%. Who knows though if it is being overly optimistic or yours is being overly pessimistic. I am still only 120v 15a at home, so I am focused more on charging at work and seem to sit around 125 - 200 miles of rated range (they ask us to only charge 3x hours per day to give everyone a chance; there were only two stalls of 12 open today when I plugged in at lunch).

Wow 239! Tesla and many others have said that charging even at 80A every day is nothing for the battery pack, and talk about "C" in terms of how much power you can pump into or pull out of the pack. Even super charging is supposedly not that bad for it especially considering all the active cooling and monitoring, etc.
I know many have said that the rated range guess-o-meter doesn't take into account your average wh/mi, but I still wonder if it does... Since I notice that many folks with 19's have higher range #'s given the amount of miles they have and their VINs... I have 21's, and if it is compensating for that loss of efficiency, perhaps that's why my #'s are measurably lower than yours despite similar mileage and a newer VIN#.

Wow 239! Tesla and many others have said that charging even at 80A every day is nothing for the battery pack,

I have read that charging at very low currents is actually even worse for Li-Ion batteries than charging at very high currents. Apparently it promotes the growth of metal dendrites within the cells that can short out the cell and destroy it completely. i wonder if Tesla has to use any technical finesses to make charging at 120V non-harmful for the battery, and if so, if those are fully effective. It may not be such a problem with the chemistry Tesla uses. I guess we just know too little about all the technical aspects

Those with 50k miles or greater....

do do you notice decrease in battery range yet? If so how much?

my current commute in my Lexus is 80-90 miles per day. I average an oil change at 5K interval about 1.5 - 2 months. So at this rate I can easily get 50k in less than 2 years.

my Lexus IS 2008 now with 150k miles.

So so I wonder how bad of range lost will I be experiencing at the rate of me driving I the 85D or 70D