Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know why you'd think that. The X charges slowly and counts on extreme aerodynamics to get range and mi/hr charging speeds. A trailer would totally kill both, especially if it is not highly aerodynamic.
It charges faster than Cybertruck though (assuming it’s the same as S?). I guess delivered energy vs time would be closer. Both would be awful of course. Cybertruck might do better at directing air around trailer. I think it would be really close.
1705349949900.png

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life

Stop n Go Traffic about 65 mph.

Barely matching the Ford Lightning….. again falling short of expectations and claims from fan Boys it would go tow further than competitors because it was Aerodynamically superior.

It’s is nice to see it tow more than the previous claim of less than 100 miles. It’s competitive.

Tesla and Ford are sticking to the smaller battery concept but they might have to rethink that strategy.

Wonder how much of the bed/vault they were concerned with during this.
claims from fan Boys it would go tow further than competitors
I’ll bite, despite being the furthest from a fanboi. Highly critical of all massive purchases we make, regardless of company.
That said…
Some people might know a bit more about things than others.
How big is the range extender? how many miles per kWh while towing? add that to the above screen shot and…. Do we have just shy of 180mi?

🫨🫨🫨🫨

Reactions: HitchHiker71
Wonder how much of the bed/vault they were concerned with during this.

I’ll bite, despite being the furthest from a fanboi. Highly critical of all massive purchases we make, regardless of company.
That said…
Some people might know a bit more about things than others.
How big is the range extender? how many miles per kWh while towing? add that to the above screen shot and…. Do we have just shy of 180mi?

🫨🫨🫨🫨

I say at least 200…. The question then become cost to charge, time to charge and how does it affect load capacity all for over $100k

BTW, that Social Media Post is a Tesla Fan putting out fake numbers. The actual range was 111 miles.

Last edited:
@ohmman
If I remember correctly you were original Tesla towing King. Didn't you have an X back in the day and travel all over the place with a travel trailer?
Still do have both. As my kids are high school aged and the trailer is relatively small, we don't travel with it as often, but did do a trip down the coast last summer. Those trips are some of our best family memories, though.

That's the reason I had a Rivian R1T on order - to replace the X. Cybertruck didn't fit my personal style or my garage. But the max pack on the R1T was taking so long, I foresaw the situation where we wouldn't need it as much with the kids aging out of coming with us on these trips. That plus the energy consumption took me out of the market and I just bought a Y instead.

In four years when we're empty nesters, we'll see whether I choose another tow vehicle or just make do with the X.

How short are you on TSLA?

How levered are you on TSLA?
And why do you keep putting the company/stock price over the needs of Tesla vehicle owners?

I will be more blunt, FORD - Fix or Repair Daily or Found on Road Dead, will NEVER be in my driveway again. The service department has to be the grubbiest bunch of AHOLES that I have ever had to deal with.

All of Ford, around the world?
How short are you on F?

And people will eventually start selling them at a loss once they realize the CT was all hype. I would rather buy 2 Y's than one Cybertruck.
Cool story.
Sounds like you’re trying to haul 10k lbs and definitely needed a bed to accomplish what you’re doing.

Lemme cross shop an CUV vs a truck. 🥴🥴🥴
No one has any mind as to what you purchase, you’re not the target buyer.
Do you work for out of spec or insideevs? Or are you happy the article was released and had to echo Kyle’s wishy washy stance on the CT?

• Disagree
Reactions: SmartElectric
Cool story.
Sounds like you’re trying to haul 10k lbs and definitely needed a bed to accomplish what you’re doing.

Do you work for out of spec or insideevs? Or are you happy the article was released and had to echo Kyle’s wishy washy stance on the CT?

He should, the CT is essentially a CUV with a Bed. Like the Ridgeline and Maverick, that's the target buyer.

Its meant for those who think they need a truck but dont really want a truck.

Here is a better option to the CT. Lightning Flash:

Reactions: coleAK
Cool story.

I can think of almost nothing I could do with the CT that I can’t do with my model 3 (that has roof rails and a 2” receiver).

• Funny
Reactions: zoomer0056
The one comment of about noise when towing with the CT stands out. It's a crossover so there are the normal shortcomings. Like any unibody design, the CT will be an uncomfortable tow vehicle given the trailer/road noise radiating through the CT chassis which then acts as a fully enveloping speaker to all inside the CT. It's gets loud! Unlike a pickup (bed on frame) design where the cab is separate from the frame.

The one comment of about noise when towing with the CT stands out. It's a crossover so there are the normal shortcomings. Like any unibody design, the CT will be an uncomfortable tow vehicle given the trailer/road noise radiating through the CT chassis which then acts as a fully enveloping speaker to all inside the CT. It's gets loud! Unlike a pickup (bed on frame) design where the cab is separate from the frame.
I wonder if anyone that has towed with a or X/Y could weigh in on this.
Can't say I ever noticed increased noise in the cabin within our X, but maybe the new ones have this issue.