Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$50k Deposit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delayed gratification will be a good thing in this case. It would suck having major issues with a $200k car.

It sucks having major issues with any car. But I'm going to guess that most folks buying the New Roadster will also have another car they can drive if the Roadster needs work. What really sucks is when you're dependent for critical transportation on a junker.

All that said, you can bet that Tesla is going to put every ounce of expertise and skill it has into getting the New Roadster right. This will be their flagship, showcase car, and they won't risk having anything go wrong. And if you do have an issue with your New Roadster, you're going straight to the top of the service queue, with a special phone number just for New Roadster owners. I'm not buying a $200,000 car, not even to experience zero to sixty in under two seconds. But if I were going to buy one, I'd have no qualms about getting one of the first few off the line. They're going to get this one right even if they have to release it years late (which they probably will).

It sucks having major issues with any car. But I'm going to guess that most folks buying the New Roadster will also have another car they can drive if the Roadster needs work. What really sucks is when you're dependent for critical transportation on a junker.

All that said, you can bet that Tesla is going to put every ounce of expertise and skill it has into getting the New Roadster right. This will be their flagship, showcase car, and they won't risk having anything go wrong. And if you do have an issue with your New Roadster, you're going straight to the top of the service queue, with a special phone number just for New Roadster owners. I'm not buying a $200,000 car, not even to experience zero to sixty in under two seconds. But if I were going to buy one, I'd have no qualms about getting one of the first few off the line. They're going to get this one right even if they have to release it years late (which they probably will).
Do you have any proof that’s going to be the case?
Do you have any significant hint that that’s going to be the case?

because so far there’s plenty of evidence suggesting that’s a pipe dream.

Do you have any proof that’s going to be the case?
Do you have any significant hint that that’s going to be the case?

because so far there’s plenty of evidence suggesting that’s a pipe dream.

My reason for saying that is my experience with my Roadster, and pure speculation. What evidence do you have that it's a pipe dream? We Roadster owners were treated like royalty. Then Tesla went into mass-manufacture and cut corners by not building up service to meet the new demand. But the New Roadster, at $200K, will be a flagship car that Tesla will use to tout how well they can do and what an electric car can do.

Yes, this is speculation, but I think they'll take very good care of New Roadster owners as they did for Old Roadster owners. I'm open to evidence to the contrary, but I caution that how they're treating Model S, X, and 3 owners does not extrapolate to the $200K New Roadster.

I'm not really affected, though, since I won't be getting a New Roadster. I do have some shares of TSLA so maybe I'll be affected if it touches on the stock price.

My reason for saying that is my experience with my Roadster, and pure speculation. What evidence do you have that it's a pipe dream? We Roadster owners were treated like royalty. Then Tesla went into mass-manufacture and cut corners by not building up service to meet the new demand. But the New Roadster, at $200K, will be a flagship car that Tesla will use to tout how well they can do and what an electric car can do.

Yes, this is speculation, but I think they'll take very good care of New Roadster owners as they did for Old Roadster owners. I'm open to evidence to the contrary, but I caution that how they're treating Model S, X, and 3 owners does not extrapolate to the $200K New Roadster.

I'm not really affected, though, since I won't be getting a New Roadster. I do have some shares of TSLA so maybe I'll be affected if it touches on the stock price.
The evidence I have is Teslas continued production increase, yet service center capacity is not growing at the same pace.
If Tesla was opening service centers left and right then I can see them having the manpower to treat roadster owners as royalty.

They also treated early model s owners like royalty... until the model 3 hit the road and service centers got swamped thanks for teslas deliver now, fix later attitude.

The evidence I have is Teslas continued production increase, yet service center capacity is not growing at the same pace.
If Tesla was opening service centers left and right then I can see them having the manpower to treat roadster owners as royalty.

They also treated early model s owners like royalty... until the model 3 hit the road and service centers got swamped thanks for teslas deliver now, fix later attitude.

So neither of us has any actual evidence. I think that the low-volume $200,000 Roadster will be given high priority in the service department. I also think they'll put a lot of resources into the build quality. But I make no bones about the fact that this is just my opinion, and does not directly affect me one way or the other.

I think that the low-volume $200,000 Roadster will be given high priority in the service department. I also think they'll put a lot of resources into the build quality. But I make no bones about the fact that this is just my opinion, and does not directly affect me one way or the other.

I would think that would be likely since roadster owners will own other tesla vehicles.