Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with a lower RN# than me?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
crickets here in SLO county California. for Being theoretically # 915 on the RN order list, the lack of invite to order is perplexing. I have no immediate plans to replace my Lightning with a CT but I was really sure I was going to have to make a decision. As it stands, there’s no decision to be made as my reservation is a cold as it was a month, a year and 4 years ago.

Reactions: zoomer0056
crickets here in SLO county California. for Being theoretically # 915 on the RN order list, the lack of invite to order is perplexing. I have no immediate plans to replace my Lightning with a CT but I was really sure I was going to have to make a decision. As it stands, there’s no decision to be made as my reservation is a cold as it was a month, a year and 4 years ago.
I didn't receive an invite email, but saw earlier this week that on the Tesla app or website, I can now configure.

No Christmas miracle as I still have no invite. Still not configurable online or in the App for me. Still no one posting a reservation number lower than mine. No one with an earlier timestamp on the confirmation email. But here in Washington I haven’t seen a single one on the road yet so I am not super sad (yet). Frustrated, for sure. Sad, yes. Someone I know who reserved moments after me (not only in number but in time) who used to live in WA, but now live in CA, have their configuration in. So it’s just sitting and waiting. And waiting. And waiting.

No Christmas miracle as I still have no invite. Still not configurable online or in the App for me. Still no one posting a reservation number lower than mine. No one with an earlier timestamp on the confirmation email. But here in Washington I haven’t seen a single one on the road yet so I am not super sad (yet). Frustrated, for sure. Sad, yes. Someone I know who reserved moments after me (not only in number but in time) who used to live in WA, but now live in CA, have their configuration in. So it’s just sitting and waiting. And waiting. And waiting.
We feel you…Here’s a hug 🤗

I'm tracking stats over at CTOC and here's a chart of the RNs over time. There definitely seems to be a lean towards people who ordered FSD in 2019 (people likely to buy the Foundation Series). My res is RN1127446XX and I didn't get an invite until I entered my location information in my online account (it was already in the mobile app).

1704940774618.png

Reactions: RedOctober
Address correct on the Web site, check. I ordered the tri-motor with FSD, but I’ll probably go with the dual motor for range (the reason I went tri-motor originally was range). My X and Y are both LR versions for the range. RN1127441xx. The three Seattle Area invitations I know of are all higher reservation numbers. Heck every invitation I know of is a higher reservation number. So clearly I’m doing something wrong or pissed someone off. Maybe they just know I want a black interior.

I was very quick to get my reservation in and even used Apple Pay for the deposit to expedite. As such, I haven’t seen anyone with a lower RN# than mine but I also haven’t been looking. The highly speculative online estimate calculators have me somewhere in the top 1000 (one even had me at 41, ha!) but assuming a few of those people will drop out or were just planning to flip theirs I may be in the first few hundred. i have been checking the reservation page for my order and it hasn’t changed in months. Tomorrow will be super interesting and I’m hoping the page changes to reflect what we learn. My config was dual motor with FSD. I have blacked out the last two digits; obviously it’s between 01 and 99…View attachment 994947
Got you beat may more than a 1000 units not that Tesla in is actually honoring the reservation numbers.

I was very quick to get my reservation in and even used Apple Pay for the deposit to expedite. As such, I haven’t seen anyone with a lower RN# than mine but I also haven’t been looking. The highly speculative online estimate calculators have me somewhere in the top 1000 (one even had me at 41, ha!) but assuming a few of those people will drop out or were just planning to flip theirs I may be in the first few hundred. i have been checking the reservation page for my order and it hasn’t changed in months. Tomorrow will be super interesting and I’m hoping the page changes to reflect what we learn. My config was dual motor with FSD. I have blacked out the last two digits; obviously it’s between 01 and 99…View attachment 994947
You are only a few hundred ahead of me and I haven’t heard a thing except Tesla keeps asking me to purchase a different vehicle and they will give me 1k off the price. I’m starting to think about the MY.

Last edited:
I'm tracking stats over at CTOC and here's a chart of the RNs over time. There definitely seems to be a lean towards people who ordered FSD in 2019 (people likely to buy the Foundation Series). My res is RN1127446XX and I didn't get an invite until I entered my location information in my online account (it was already in the mobile app).

View attachment 1007826
Thanks for the link. Very informative

Well if you're the lowest number then please post the moment they allow you to configure so we know real orders are being placed.

I think it's incredible that a company would host a "delivery" event after 4 years of waiting where they hand over a few hand built prototypes to friends of the owner, provide no more concrete info than they had 4 years ago (everything on the site is an estimate that can change before orders begin) and no real time-frame for actual orders or deliveries. All the while the owner self congratulates himself for proving the experts wrong that said he couldn't build a 500 mile full size pickup profitably at $70k with the battery tech that would be available at the time he originally promised to have the trucks ready (2022). He laughs confidently as he displays a 300 mile pickup for $100k in 2024 that he's told investors he can't currently produce profitably.

At least on the bright side we now know the window won't shatter if you lightly toss a nerf ball at it
Welcome to Tesla. You'll get used to it.
I was in Thailand when they notified me that I had four days to pick up my soon-to-arrive Model Y or they would give it to the next guy,
They gave me four days.
I said, "But this is my 9th Tesla."
Their response. "So."

No use of Power of Atty allowed.
I flew back early.