Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with a lower RN# than me?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was very quick to get my reservation in and even used Apple Pay for the deposit to expedite. As such, I haven’t seen anyone with a lower RN# than mine but I also haven’t been looking. The highly speculative online estimate calculators have me somewhere in the top 1000 (one even had me at 41, ha!) but assuming a few of those people will drop out or were just planning to flip theirs I may be in the first few hundred. i have been checking the reservation page for my order and it hasn’t changed in months. Tomorrow will be super interesting and I’m hoping the page changes to reflect what we learn. My config was dual motor with FSD. I have blacked out the last two digits; obviously it’s between 01 and 99…
1701324907404.jpeg

I wouldn't place too much hope on strictly order number. As was shown with the Model 3 and Y, Tesla will send you the vehicle when they have it built, in your spec, and they have enough reservations in your general area to fill a single truck/train car to your location. Luckily, the CT comes in one exterior color and only two powertrains (likely - heard the single may be dropped) so fulfilling those efficiency pre-conditions is more likely. Maybe it'll be different this time though.....

Well if you're the lowest number then please post the moment they allow you to configure so we know real orders are being placed.

I think it's incredible that a company would host a "delivery" event after 4 years of waiting where they hand over a few hand built prototypes to friends of the owner, provide no more concrete info than they had 4 years ago (everything on the site is an estimate that can change before orders begin) and no real time-frame for actual orders or deliveries. All the while the owner self congratulates himself for proving the experts wrong that said he couldn't build a 500 mile full size pickup profitably at $70k with the battery tech that would be available at the time he originally promised to have the trucks ready (2022). He laughs confidently as he displays a 300 mile pickup for $100k in 2024 that he's told investors he can't currently produce profitably.

At least on the bright side we now know the window won't shatter if you lightly toss a nerf ball at it

Last edited:
Why hide the last two digits? It's not PII. Do you think you'll be targeted, for what, how?
It’s a good question. Here‘s my answer. I don’t want anyone to be able to cancel my reservation. I would not be so paranoid except a Few months ago we had a reservation at Big Sur campground and someone called in and cancelled it on us while we were in Hawaii. We got an email about it and so I called and the reservation call center said the person had our reservation number and that’s how they allowed it to be cancelled. I told them That was BS and they said it didn’t matter since the site was already re-booked. This is one of those places you need to wake up atb6 AM to get a reservation for 6 months in advance. Now, what I don’t understand is why anyone blocks out their license plate when they sell things. Do they not realize that when they drive that car on public roads that EVERYONE can see their plate? What’s the risk they’re trying to eliminate?

It’s a good question. Here‘s my answer. I don’t want anyone to be able to cancel my reservation. I would not be so paranoid except a Few months ago we had a reservation at Big Sur campground and someone called in and cancelled it on us while we were in Hawaii. We got an email about it and so I called and the reservation call center said the person had our reservation number and that’s how they allowed it to be cancelled. I told them That was BS and they said it didn’t matter since the site was already re-booked. This is one of those places you need to wake up atb6 AM to get a reservation for 6 months in advance. Now, what I don’t understand is why anyone blocks out their license plate when they sell things. Do they not realize that when they drive that car on public roads that EVERYONE can see their plate? What’s the risk they’re trying to eliminate?
Because you can get an address from a license plate. Posting online is a lot more eyeballs than driving on a road. If someone is targeting a specific car, its much easier to find one online than driving around. Especially something thats more unique. Also could be used to track someone down. Rental address is not a public record, but pay a few bucks and get an address from their plate.

Er…. Not Sure how important the actual reservation number is. What matters is the time stamp on your order. And then of course, your location and how Tesla‘s internal logistics planning determines who they invite. I could swear Tesla already confirmed order numbers were not entirely sequential anyway. The reservation page would go live, then disappear, then go live again. It did so 2 or 3 times before the event finally started. Might have just been a symptom of so many people hammering on it. I have two reservations made before the event started. 112746xx and 112761xx. So if order numbers are indicative of a place in line, I have a couple pretty early ones.

Been there before…. Had someone maliciously cancel a booking of mine, presumably so they could move themselves up the list or grab the opening. I’m even second guessing myself for only masking the last two digits.

As for license plates, the reason people cover them is so they’re not associated with online identity. License plate data / motor vehicle records are public info in most states and knowing the right contacts or paying a few bucks for the search can let me dox someone online. Sure, it can happen locally too. Someone cuts you off and instead of instant road rage, you could note their plate number and hunt them down. Terrible system, really.

Er…. Not Sure how important the actual reservation number is. What matters is the time stamp on your order. And then of course, your location and how Tesla‘s internal logistics planning determines who they invite. I could swear Tesla already confirmed order numbers were not entirely sequential anyway. The reservation page would go live, then disappear, then go live again. It did so 2 or 3 times before the event finally started. Might have just been a symptom of so many people hammering on it. I have two reservations made before the event started. 112746xx and 112761xx. So if order numbers are indicative of a place in line, I have a couple pretty early ones.

Been there before…. Had someone maliciously cancel a booking of mine, presumably so they could move themselves up the list or grab the opening. I’m even second guessing myself for only masking the last two digits.

As for license plates, the reason people cover them is so they’re not associated with online identity. License plate data / motor vehicle records are public info in most states and knowing the right contacts or paying a few bucks for the search can let me dox someone online. Sure, it can happen locally too. Someone cuts you off and instead of instant road rage, you could note their plate number and hunt them down. Terrible system, really.

But if someone could cancel an order by just knowing a reservation number and the reservation numbers are in sequence then they wouldn't need you to disclose. Why would they cancel your reservation vs any other reservation number since they already know all the reservation numbers before them

But if someone could cancel an order by just knowing a reservation number and the reservation numbers are in sequence then they wouldn't need you to disclose. Why would they cancel your reservation vs any other reservation number since they already know all the reservation numbers before them
With Tesla, hopefully there are a lot more security checks. I’d assume I can just cancel in my account and it would be credited to the card I have on file. But I still wouldn’t want my exact RN associated with my online persona. The amount of data being gathered everywhere for every reason is itself reason enough to at least make it a crap shoot within 100 possible numbers.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I don' think anyone should fret - we get our truck when we get our truck.

Remember, a fun-loving CEO might decide to reverse the order of delivery; last order. first delivery. :mad:
I doubt there's a contractual requirement for Tesla to deliver in the order reserve was made, in fact doesn't it say something about that in the reservation/purchase documents posted within the website detail of each reservation? Seems like I saw some sort of like language.