TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

6-7 months delivery?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Dan43, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Hi,

Does anyone else feel this is too long, that would mean 2 years after it's US debut?

So either a Jaguar F-Type Coupe, Porsche Macan or a 2 year old Model S for the same cost?

From a country that supplied the Lotus for the Roadster?

Hmmmmm......

best
    Dan43

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The same cost only if gas for those cars is free--used Model S excepted. And then there's the driving experience.

3. jontracey

jontracey Member

I suspect its probably going to be a case of promise 6-7 months and deliver in less time to make the customer happy. Its not like they drive them from the factory to the UK, there are big ships involved so I suspect a whole load will come in one big batch

4. Mnlevin

Mnlevin Member

My guess is the problem of the RHD. Every car produced has been LHD and the conversion is probably a whole new adaptation. Need completely new Dash, Suspension, Steering, ect. IT is like producing a new and different car.

5. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

Why is it i3/Smart in the “Loosing the Tesla love?”-thread, but F-Type/Macan here? :confused:

6. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

Seems like a normal wait time to me, I placed my reservation on 7/2/2012, took delivery on 1/17/2013, I placed my deposit so I could get a test drive on the "Get Amped" tour, and then just had to wait the same 6-7 months.

7. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

All this could have been avoided if UK would finally do the decent thing and declare Drive On The Right begins as of such and such hour. UK drivers have subconciously prepared themselves for this so I forsee no problems. Just rip off the bandage in one quick motion.
    --

8. jontracey

jontracey Member

Would have been possible in the 60s pre motorways now would require all junctions to be re engineered, would cost too much

9. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

> would require all junctions to be re engineered [jontracey]

In the 50s they said it should have been done pre-war but now its too late.

On the limited access highways the on ramps now become the off ramps, and visa versa. The overhead signs would have to be moved over, true.

Japan would have to follow suit, but that's their problem.
    --

10. Alan

Alan Member

Given the first deliveries are perhaps 5 months away the 6 to 7 month wait time is really "1 to 2 months waiting time after the first RHD deliveries start"?

11. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

Dan, when I ordered my MS, I expected to wait 7 months. Then it arrived in 3 months. Don't worry about things you cannot control.