Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6.86 instrument cluster mini display in 2023 M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received V2 with CarPlay from China. The stalk cutout hole seems to be slightly smaller. I have yet to be able to snap it in place. Has anyone installed this (or Telery or Hanshaw) in a 2023 model?

The video shows it easily snaps in place.

Moreover, I think the wiring would go better underneath the metal of the dash but that’s a lot of work. Some network cable tie down squares may work to hold it in place.

Attachments

• IMG_7499.jpeg
    IMG_7499.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 102
I was able to get
You can see the cutout is slightly smaller …
one side down and not the other. The cables should be run underneath the metal instead of on top and under the cover but that is a lot more work if it can be done.

So far I have not seen the sides blink for blindspot warning but car play is nice if you don’t pay for streaming or just to see your texts and emails.

I wish it duplicated the traffic but it just shows my car. It’s nice to see the brake lights with the engine brake though.

It’s not what I expected at all. CarPlay uses Bluetooth but both map and phone calls go through a tiny speaker on the mount and no the car stereo. I don’t want to turn off or down my stereo.

Charging has a cute screen but does not show % or miles.

Blind spot warning has not worked even with signal on.

I’ve lost the side cameras in reverse which is a deal breaker! I don’t believe the 2023 is the same as the previous years.

Fixed the side cameras with another thread. There is like a triangle up/down toggle for them.

I ended up returning the unit. Now I know why they just wrapped the box. Estimate with box was $45 once I placed it in a larger box it cost me $80 for return shipping. Yup, $235-$85 will be my refund in a few months when it arrives.

It never aligned in my 2023. The clips were not in the same spot. I don’t have a picture of them side be side.

I never got blind spot warning to work.

CarPlay did work but the Bluetooth redirected phone calls from the car stereo to the unit with the 1/4” speaker. Navigation goes through the speaker also, so the stereo has to be off to hear it.

It does change from day to night but brightness did not match the main screen. Also the boot up and shut down are always crazy bright (noticeable at night).

I really wanted the blind spot. But I’m back to the tiny display in the air vent.

Will not work on 2023 and most likely 2022.