Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Hansshow Android 10.25 inch instrument cluster/display install and review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally, after a few months, I contacted Hansshow (for the problems I mentioned in the first post, 1. floating icon doesn't disappear in full mode, 2. Phone not working in AA, 3. bad front camera) by email, and I got a instant reply.

He sent me a firmware update, it is 2.28 (Feb 28), after I installed the new firmware, the floating icon in full mode was fixed. Unfortunately, phone still doesn't work in AA. Other party cannot hear me, and I can hear the other party no problem.

He will send me a replacement camera.

Let's wait until Monday and see if he has a fix for the phone.

I also also glad to see that Hansshow became a sponsor of TMC, certainly I hope they can fix the issues.

Finally, after a few months, I contacted Hansshow (for the problems I mentioned in the first post, 1. floating icon doesn't disappear in full mode, 2. Phone not working in AA, 3. bad front camera) by email, and I got a instant reply.

He sent me a firmware update, it is 2.28 (Feb 28), after I installed the new firmware, the floating icon in full mode was fixed. Unfortunately, phone still doesn't work in AA. Other party cannot hear me, and I can hear the other party no problem.

He will send me a replacement camera.

Let's wait until Monday and see if he has a fix for the phone.

I also also glad to see that Hansshow became a sponsor of TMC, certainly I hope they can fix the issues.
How was the firmware update sent to you?

I uploaded the firmware below, please read the readme. So if you are unsure, ask Hansshow for the update.

Phone in AA still not working, but fixed floating icon issue.
Thanks. I assume the firmware update doesn't correct some of the other misc display items like mph instead of mp/h. My CarPlay has been working fairly consistently. The main issue is needing to hit pause and start once or twice or three times when first using the system in order to get the BT audio connection to engage. Not a big deal but a little aggravating. Also, once in a while the right scroll wheel doesn't work 100% when trying to select from a podcast list. It will not work at all, or might skip past some menu items, requiring me to touch the screen for intended selection (made easier by my yoke steering wheel).

Thanks. I assume the firmware update doesn't correct some of the other misc display items like mph instead of mp/h. My CarPlay has been working fairly consistently. The main issue is needing to hit pause and start once or twice or three times when first using the system in order to get the BT audio connection to engage. Not a big deal but a little aggravating. Also, once in a while the right scroll wheel doesn't work 100% when trying to select from a podcast list. It will not work at all, or might skip past some menu items, requiring me to touch the screen for intended selection (made easier by my yoke steering wheel).
So phone call works in Carplay? Other party can hear you?

So phone call works in Carplay? Other party can hear you?
If I set my "call audio routing" to "bluetooth headset"(under Settings/Accessibility/Touch on iPhone), the phone call audio plays through the car speakers and sound quality is great. The problem with this setting is that whenever I answer a call when not in the car, the audio goes to my Beats ear buds (if they are nearby) even if I'm not wearing them. If I change the phone setting from "bluetooth headset" to "Automatic", then any calls coming to me while I'm in the car will play through the tiny speaker in the Hansshow unit instead of through the car speakers. This can only be rectified during the call by pulling up "audio" on the phone app and selecting "Tesla", thus forcing the phone audio through the car speakers. I don't tend to use the phone as much in the car as I do elsewhere, so I typically keep the phone on "automatic" and then change the audio setting on the iphone to "Tesla" when taking or making a phone call in the car.

If I set my "call audio routing" to "bluetooth headset"(under Settings/Accessibility/Touch on iPhone), the phone call audio plays through the car speakers and sound quality is great. The problem with this setting is that whenever I answer a call when not in the car, the audio goes to my Beats ear buds (if they are nearby) even if I'm not wearing them. If I change the phone setting from "bluetooth headset" to "Automatic", then any calls coming to me while I'm in the car will play through the tiny speaker in the Hansshow unit instead of through the car speakers. This can only be rectified during the call by pulling up "audio" on the phone app and selecting "Tesla", thus forcing the phone audio through the car speakers. I don't tend to use the phone as much in the car as I do elsewhere, so I typically keep the phone on "automatic" and then change the audio setting on the iphone to "Tesla" when taking or making a phone call in the car.
Thanks!

For Android Auto, Hansshow admitted there is a problem. The support told me that he is going to contact the developers to fix the issue asap, but I don't know if they will, because this problem exists since day 1 (of their product), they may not be able to fix it. So if you want to use AA, wait until they fix it, or just don't buy.

Thanks!

For Android Auto, Hansshow admitted there is a problem. The support told me that he is going to contact the developers to fix the issue asap, but I don't know if they will, because this problem exists since day 1 (of their product), they may not be able to fix it. So if you want to use AA, wait until they fix it, or just don't buy.
Also, AA won't connect at all for newer Samsung phones, due to hardware changes or something, that is what the support told me.

When I change it to the Tesla and play audio through my phone via YouTube, it constantly connects back to local host. Then I have to go back and connect it to the Tesla over and over.

Does this happen to you as well?

Has anyone tried to install other apps on this Hannsshow display? I'm interested in running something like Scan My Tesla or Torque to show canbus data. I've used these apps on my phone connected to a BT OBD reader, and that works fine. Wondering if I can do the same on this display. Thnx

Reactions: Theraven
Hello, I was wondering if anyone here is willing to sell their AMD harness wire, which comes with this kit; if they received both the intel and amd wire harness.

I had the older 2020 model Y, and recently upgraded to 2023 and would like to use with the AMD version.

thank you in advance

Hello,
I recently bought the New Hansshow Android 10.25 display and I was wondering if it could be a good or bad idea to plug the screen power on the cigarette lighter instead of the 16v battery (Amd model 3) ? Does anyone also know if the fact that current is shut down through the cigarette lighter has any impact ?
(I have no answer from hansshow).
Thank you.

Wow, I was considering buying this unit, fortunately I came across this thread before pulling the trigger. What a piece of trash!

Seriously I am shocked that there isn't a quality brand making an instrument cluster for the MY/M3.