Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60 Days - Still no title, no plates, no loan number

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased Model 3 on June 29th. Was approved for financing through Tesla (US Bank).

I had just moved and waited over 2 hours at car pick up because the bank wanted to rerun my credit.

Finally got approved at new address & drove home. Was told I’d get my license plates, registration, loan info within a few weeks.

I looked over my original finance contract that I received & it lists Aug 13 as date first payment is due.

I received an email in July from Tesla Funding Resolution stating that US Bank was requesting further proof of address. I wondered why this was needed since I was already approved for loan & had submitted deed to house, temporary drivers license, & utility confirmation letter when I picked up car. But I submitted requested paperwork.

Its now been weeks and despite emailing every day I’ve gotten no response. My temporary license plates are expired. I have not received car registration. No loan number or billing information. I called US Bank - they looked me up by Social Security number and could find no record of my loan.

Has anyone faced this situation before?

There’s no number to call at Tesla and no responses to my numerous emails. I called my local Tesla dealer that and they told me to try US Bank. I called Dealer back after no luck w US Bank and they said they can’t help either because it’s the Finance Dept & apparently no one has a phone number to reach anyone there

I’m concerned that somehow my credit will be dinged for late payments (even though I can’t make loan payments) or I might get stopped for not having plates or registration.

Overall extremely frustrating - just want to pay my loan, get my paperwork, and enjoy my Tesla.

Anyone have any insights or a person I can contact that will actually respond?

Reactions: CpYledomUser1
I purchased Model 3 on June 29th. Was approved for financing through Tesla (US Bank).

I had just moved and waited over 2 hours at car pick up because the bank wanted to rerun my credit.

Finally got approved at new address & drove home. Was told I’d get my license plates, registration, loan info within a few weeks.

I looked over my original finance contract that I received & it lists Aug 13 as date first payment is due.

I received an email in July from Tesla Funding Resolution stating that US Bank was requesting further proof of address. I wondered why this was needed since I was already approved for loan & had submitted deed to house, temporary drivers license, & utility confirmation letter when I picked up car. But I submitted requested paperwork.

Its now been weeks and despite emailing every day I’ve gotten no response. My temporary license plates are expired. I have not received car registration. No loan number or billing information. I called US Bank - they looked me up by Social Security number and could find no record of my loan.

There’s no number to call at Tesla and no responses to my numerous emails. I called my local Tesla dealer that and they told me to try US Bank. I called Dealer back after no luck w US Bank and they said they can’t help either because it’s the Finance Dept & apparently no one has a phone number to reach anyone there

I’m concerned that somehow my credit will be dinged for late payments (even though I can’t make loan payments) or I might get stopped for not having plates or registration.

Overall extremely frustrating - just want to pay my loan, get my paperwork, and enjoy my Tesla.

My main point of contact has been Alyssa Gonzalez at Tesla Funding Resolution. She has not responded to numerous emails asking for updates.

Take your VIN to the DMV and see if they can show that you are the registered owner, it should also show the additional lien holder and address. Then, ask for new plates and registration.

If you are NOT the registered owner, then how can you make a payment on property you don't own? Keep records of all calls, emails, etc and escrow those car payments.

It took about 60 days +/- before I received my title in the mail from Tesla. The temp tags were long since expired - but there was (maybe still) an indefinite grace period on temp tags expiring because of COVID. I'd purchased my car certified pre-owned from a Tesla service center in Tampa, and the post-delivery experience left a lot to be desired. They basically ignored all of my emails related to the title. They did reach out to me one time with a bunch of additional paperwork including asking for power of attorney because they had neglected to have me sign some papers when I picked up the car.

Anyway, it's frustrating, but not uncommon based on my personal experience.

It took about 60 days +/- before I received my title in the mail from Tesla. The temp tags were long since expired - but there was (maybe still) an indefinite grace period on temp tags expiring because of COVID. I'd purchased my car certified pre-owned from a Tesla service center in Tampa, and the post-delivery experience left a lot to be desired. They basically ignored all of my emails related to the title. They did reach out to me one time with a bunch of additional paperwork including asking for power of attorney because they had neglected to have me sign some papers when I picked up the car.

Anyway, it's frustrating, but not uncommon based on my personal experience.
Thank you for sharing... Their lack of response is terrible! I guess Tesla is more concerned about getting new customers then satisfying existing customers who have already shelled out their money...

Take your VIN to the DMV and see if they can show that you are the registered owner, it should also show the additional lien holder and address. Then, ask for new plates and registration.

If you are NOT the registered owner, then how can you make a payment on property you don't own? Keep records of all calls, emails, etc and escrow those car payments.
Thank you - that sounds like a plan.

I received my plates in 3 weeks, however no communication from US bank yet, wondering how this whole thing works! I will try calling the bank next week
On Aug 31, I finally got confirmation on my loan
Then I contacted US Bank, got the account set up, and was in time to make my second payment.
The first payment, apparently was made by Funding Resolution.
I received plates about a week afterwards along with registration

I also confirmed with US Bank that they didn't report any missed payments etc to any credit bureaus.

So hopefully, fingers crossed, all is good now.

On Aug 31, I finally got confirmation on my loan
Then I contacted US Bank, got the account set up, and was in time to make my second payment.
The first payment, apparently was made by Funding Resolution.
I received plates about a week afterwards along with registration

I also confirmed with US Bank that they didn't report any missed payments etc to any credit bureaus.

So hopefully, fingers crossed, all is good now.
Got my account details too, it was easier to setup account and make payments. But had issues while setting up autopay, after several attempts it went through and I am not able to change the autopay date, don't wanna set it for due date.

Part of me was hoping you got a free car 😂. Tesla service all around sucks big time. I suppose some people don’t mind, as they feel the cool/fun factor of the car outweighs any frustration and inconvenience. I, for one, plan to only keep mine for a few years and then dump it for a different EV. It’s just that currently the M3P is the only EV I like within my price range, but here’s hoping for other options from MB, BMW, Audi, etc. soon.

Reactions: CpYledomUser1
I received my M3 on June 29th. My temp plate expired on September 24th so I called DMV and they had no record of the car. They suggested I call Tesla, which I did. According to the Tesla representative “they lost the paperwork”. I have no registration or license plate and there was no follow up or attempt to replace the paperwork.

I would be happy to re-execute the paperwork or should I ask for my money back?

I received my M3 on June 29th. My temp plate expired on September 24th so I called DMV and they had no record of the car. They suggested I call Tesla, which I did. According to the Tesla representative “they lost the paperwork”. I have no registration or license plate and there was no follow up or attempt to replace the paperwork.

I would be happy to re-execute the paperwork or should I ask for my money back?
Can you reach your original SA? You can also go to chat support and ask them to replace your paperwork (and also see about getting you another temp tag while paperwork is processing). They should be able to FedEx it to you with a return label inside for you to FedEx back to the delivery center to handle.

If you have the time you may also be able to stop by at the delivery center yourself. Mine was delivered at the Colma Delivery center and the paperwork was sent there too (I didn't bother to return there, I just used the included FedEx envelope).

The car is FREE!!!!!!!

Can you reach your original SA? You can also go to chat support and ask them to replace your paperwork (and also see about getting you another temp tag while paperwork is processing). They should be able to FedEx it to you with a return label inside for you to FedEx back to the delivery center to handle.

If you have the time you may also be able to stop by at the delivery center yourself. Mine was delivered at the Colma Delivery center and the paperwork was sent there too (I didn't bother to return there, I just used the included FedEx envelope).
I went to the local Tesla showroom and sat in the lobby until they reissued the paperwork. I executed it and three days later I got my registration and plates by FedEx 2nd Day delivery.