Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60D vs 90D - Worth $18,000 difference

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been stuck in traffic during snow/cold. If you want heat at a really slow speed you'll lose range very fast. Recall burning about 50 rated miles to go 10 in my case. Of course had cabin heating on as it was 0-20 out. Seat heaters won't do the trick in those cases alone.

Seat heaters are nice, but they don't really help for cold feet and lower legs when the temps are near 0F. The Pano roof allows a bunch of cold air to be felt as well. Car feels like it's accelerating during very cold mornings when the regenerative braking is turned off or limited. I looked at the speedometer with foot off of the accelerator pedal and it was in fact increasing in speed on flat roads. Service center told me that it was not possible. Maybe the roads were not entirely flat...

Is there an insulated cover for the pano rood that solves the cold issue?

The heated seats don't work? Not even a little?

Does warming the battery while connected to power last for a while on a 1hr commute at 0 degrees Celsius?

I believe the 60D is the best buy at 67000 - 71000.

Is there an insulated cover for the pano rood that solves the cold issue?

The heated seats don't work? Not even a little?

Does warming the battery while connected to power last for a while on a 1hr commute at 0 degrees Celsius?

I believe the 60D is the best buy at 67000 - 71000.

Heated seats work well. Heated steering wheel is also quite toasty and functional during extremely cold weather. Rear heated seats are not that warm, unfortunately. There is a bit of cold air coming through the vents in the front and the top of the dash if the heater is not turned on. There are aftermarket insulating covers for the Pano roof that do a decent job, but I like to open feeling of the roof and the insulation looks a bit like putting aluminum foil bubble pool covers on your home windows to save energy.

60D with 100% all the time charging is a nice value in the state of CO -- 7500 FED + 6000 CO (Credit and/or Rebate Check). When you pay a premium for the battery pack, it's nice to be able to utilize most of its potential on a daily basis. Not so with the 90D as most owners tend to baby their battery packs right into obsolescence.

Reactions: Hrhkee
Kay ..sounds like psychotherapy. ;-)

Thx ecobon.

As you guys are the ones communicating with me tonight, I'll let you both in on a little secret. I cancelled my order yesterday...getting an inventory car. Slowly returning to myself. I guess I won't become a full fledged vampire afterall.

Reactions: SmartElectric
I came from a 500 hp E55 AMG and I do not miss driving it one darn bit. I went with a 70D Model S. Would a P85D be awesome? Of course - but I needed to get two Teslas so I had to save somewhere by going lower spec.

Having said that - what are your plans? Do you plan to keep this car 500,000 miles and 10-15 years? If so you perhaps might want the larger battery because when your 60 degrades to maybe 80% of its capacity 200,000 miles from now you won't have as much excess to start with. OTOH 60's now have 75 battery packs so you could always pay later to upgrade it.

And, the $18,000 you save would probably buy a much larger replacement battery pack 5-8 years from now if you decide to keep the car forever.
Id have gotten the best one, and a crappy one (assuming for the wife hehe)

Reactions: Green_Light