Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6th Annual Sound of Silence Rally - Custer SD - May 17-19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See if this works...
That works.

Schedule summary:

Friday, May 17th:
3:00 PM on: Check-in at the town Chamber of Commerce
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Tesla mixer with free food and beverages at Mt. Rushmore Brewing Company Event Center (formerly Custer Corral)

Saturday, May 18th:
before 4:30 PM: Free time. Group drive through the Black Hills that ends at the Crazy Horse Memorial... not sure of the details.
4:30 PM: Group photo at Crazy Horse Memorial. ID badge gives free entrance to the park all day Saturday
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Sound of Silence Dinner at Pizza Works. Appetizers, salad and pizza on a buffet. Meal and soft drinks included in your registration.

Sunday, May 19th:
Free day, no activities planned
At some point, the competitors from the Superchargers Visited thread will be getting together for a group meet up. If anyone knows of any other group plans, please post. I plan on heading to Mt. Rushmore on Sunday and possibly doing a helicopter tour.

• Informative
Reactions: DavidB
Prairie Berry Winery and Miner Brewing Co in Hill City is pretty cool. I worked at that winery one summer. If you're looking for another really pretty drive, Spearfish canyon in the northern hills is amazing. Also highly recommend climbing Black Elk, formerly Harney Peak. Hopefully going to make it this year. We got our Model 3 a few weeks too late last year to make it.

A little update today...and GLYMPSE BANG TAG http://glympse.com/!soundofsilence

infographic.png

• Informative
Reactions: DavidB and Big Earl
We'll be heading to Madison, WI tomorrow, then Chamberlain, SD the following night. We'll cruise through the Badlands on Friday and plan on getting into Custer in the early afternoon.

The weather seems to be all over the place. Check it three days in a row and get three different forecasts ranging from rain to nothing to snow. :confused:

Geez everyone is so much closer than I. But I will not make it until Saturday so I guess that's what I should expect. I am all packed and I leave in the AM. I'll have to figure out that glympse product by then so I can be on the map. Fun.

Thanks for the weather report. I am bringing a jacket, guess I won't use the shorts.

-Randy

Geez everyone is so much closer than I. But I will not make it until Saturday so I guess that's what I should expect. I am all packed and I leave in the AM. I'll have to figure out that glympse product by then so I can be on the map. Fun.

Thanks for the weather report. I am bringing a jacket, guess I won't use the shorts.

-Randy

Have a great trip. The Glympse map is pretty neat. We’ll be getting back on the road in an hour or so. Next stop: Madison, WI.

Have a great trip. The Glympse map is pretty neat. We’ll be getting back on the road in an hour or so. Next stop: Madison, WI.

I'll cave and share my trip with the Glympse map but it would be more fun if it could show the breadcrumb trail of how you drove to the event rather than just the current moment in time or what it thinks is your direct route since many of us are probably zigzagging to try and pick up missing locations. See you there !

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Earl
I'll cave and share my trip with the Glympse map but it would be more fun if it could show the breadcrumb trail of how you drove to the event rather than just the current moment in time or what it thinks is your direct route since many of us are probably zigzagging to try and pick up missing locations. See you there !

Thanks for sharing on Glympse. Our paths have overlapped for quite a while, so far. It’s nice to have Parkersburg, WV open for avoiding the interstate.

The car has been charging so quickly that we aren’t never waiting for it to finish charging... it’s always the dog, food or something else. The 150 kW update rocks!

Reactions: Darren S
Thanks for sharing on Glympse. Our paths have overlapped for quite a while, so far. It’s nice to have Parkersburg, WV open for avoiding the interstate.

The car has been charging so quickly that we aren’t never waiting for it to finish charging... it’s always the dog, food or something else. The 150 kW update rocks!

There was a good bit of construction south of Washington, PA so I took US 40 all the way down to the Ohio River to avoid most of the congestion and then WV Rt 2 South along the river and visited my childhood house in New Martinsville, WV. I hopped over to OH Rt 7 until the bridge at St Mary's, WV and then back on WV Rt 2 to Parkersburg.

I was probably on the interstate for no more than 30 miles of the 160 mile trip but I had a blast on some of the country roads I grew up riding on.

Columbus, Cincy, Indy, STL, KC are up next and I'm hoping to avoid the major traffic in most of those.

Reactions: Big Earl