Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6th Annual Sound of Silence Rally - Custer SD - May 17-19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
they’re up to 57 cars and 95 people registered. I expect that to roughly double in the coming month.
I wonder where they are talking about the event, there is very little traffic on this thread. I checked at the campsite (used to be Flintstones themed) and they are booked for the weekend. I was hoping the campsite would have enough power to charge me up overnight. I guess I'll car camp, I am sure if I picked a hotel their destination chargers would be full during the event.

-Randy

I wonder where they are talking about the event, there is very little traffic on this thread. I checked at the campsite (used to be Flintstones themed) and they are booked for the weekend. I was hoping the campsite would have enough power to charge me up overnight. I guess I'll car camp, I am sure if I picked a hotel their destination chargers would be full during the event.

-Randy
Don't forget there's an eight-station supercharger in town.

To sleep in a bed and have access to a toilet and shower?
Probably will get a room anyway since it is multi-day, but are there any truck-stop showers in the area? I've been absolutely loving my Model 3 tent, and waking up to near-dawn light, compared to some strange bed. I've got an extra thick yoga matt, along with my memory foam pillow and a sleeping bag the trunk-backseat works great (I'm a little under 6'). However the shower is missed if there isn't a decent truck-stop facility somewhere on the way.

Oh, and I just registered. Blew off work's annual banquet because the road calls. Didn't bother get a shirt though because it appears this rally is only for X, nose-cone S and facelift S, and I'll need to keep a low profile to sneak in. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Earl
Probably will get a room anyway since it is multi-day, but are there any truck-stop showers in the area? I've been absolutely loving my Model 3 tent, and waking up to near-dawn light, compared to some strange bed. I've got an extra thick yoga matt, along with my memory foam pillow and a sleeping bag the trunk-backseat works great (I'm a little under 6'). However the shower is missed if there isn't a decent truck-stop facility somewhere on the way.

Oh, and I just registered. Blew off work's annual banquet because the road calls. Didn't bother get a shirt though because it appears this rally is only for X, nose-cone S and facelift S, and I'll need to keep a low profile to sneak in. :p

Custer Model 3s sounding off! I've been intrigued by the idea of car camping, but I'm 6'4" and it might be a little tight. I suppose I should fold the back seats down sometime and give it a try.

We should be getting into town before 3pm on Friday and leaving on Monday morning. There aren't any official activities planned for Sunday, but I plan on taking a trip over to Mt. Rushmore, maybe doing a helicopter tour (never been in a whirlybird before) and enjoying the hotel's hot tub and pool.

Custer Model 3s sounding off! I've been intrigued by the idea of car camping, but I'm 6'4" and it might be a little tight. I suppose I should fold the back seats down sometime and give it a try.
It will be, especially if you like to sleep fully straight. Fully straight the limit I'd guess is around 6'2 before you start hanging your pillow partially over the edge top of the seat back. Unless perhaps you're solo, you fold both back seats down, and sleep crossway? I've not tried that, as I already fit. When it is just me I fold the driver's side down, as that's the 60 on the 60/40 split.