Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.1 yellow clock disappeared before I updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The yellow timer in my 2017 MX disappeared today; I was out of state for several days and intended to schedule the update to run after I got the car home and in my garage; however the timer icon is gone. Any ideas?

I have sw version 8.1. I should have indicated that when I was out of town, my car was with me, not at home! And I never scheduled an update, I just dismissed the scheduling screen each time it appeared. I had traveled to St Louis, and the scheduling menu popped up several times on the way back to SA; however I dismissed it each time as I didn't want to update while out of town,

The yellow timer in my 2017 MX disappeared today; I was out of state for several days and intended to schedule the update to run after I got the car home and in my garage; however the timer icon is gone. Any ideas?

They had a few releases before they "finalized" on 2017.42. It is likely that you had an earlier one queued up. When the finalized on 2017.42, the intermediate releases probably self destructed. You should get a new one in a day or two.

It's all good! Just got a notification on my phone, software update is available; I went to the MX and sure enough, the schedule window was back. This time, I set it for 10:00 PM tonight, no more delaying...