Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if people in California have gotten delivery estimates or even scheduled? We're probably the closest to the Fremont factory without being in California although the sales advisor somewhat joked to hope for no Tahoe snow delays for trucks over the mountain. :eek:
I'm in socal and I've always had a delivery estimate, but no vin and no info about when I may actually see my tesla.
Ordered 1/13, Blue LR AWD, black interior.
Estimated delivery is from today- the 24th. Originally 1/27-2/24

Congrats but aarrrrgh I’m in CO and ordered 2 years ago and nothing on my end! So frustrating. LR white/white. I am not an existing/previous Tesla owner however. Is this the Cherry Creek or the Littleton showroom? The SA at Cherry Creek has been vague from the beginning and every time I’ve been in contact - told me it may be as late as March. :(

We ordered 2 years ago too AND are current Tesla owners. Apparently, it doesn't make a difference. I have no clue how people who ordered in January of this year have already scheduled delivery. My car, I was told, has a scheduled build date of "around" Feb 9 and delivery would be about a week after that. Honestly, I'm not upset about that anymore. I'm more so confused.

Did you ask your Tesla store if they can see something in their "soft match tool"? Even though, it isn't reliable, they can provide you "target factory gate day"...

No, I didn't ask, but I can ask my TA tomorrow. We played phone tag today. He said my build date was right around Feb 9 and delivery would be probably just over a week since I'm getting it delivered to my house. I'm pretty sure that's as accurate as it's going to get for me.

I stopped by before the store opened, and I found this 7 seater first (and lots of other Model Ys and some Model 3s) waiting for detail and preparation for delivery. Overall it looks great, so hopefully ours is too! Manufacture dates seem to range from 1/25 to 1/31.

3rd.jpg

front.jpg

inside.jpg

head.jpg

tail.jpg

wheel.jpg

I stopped by before the store opened, and I found this 7 seater first (and lots of other Model Ys and some Model 3s) waiting for detail and preparation for delivery. Overall it looks great, so hopefully ours is too! Manufacture dates seem to range from 1/25 to 1/31.

View attachment 633917
View attachment 633918
View attachment 633920
View attachment 633919
View attachment 633921
View attachment 633922
The second row passenger seat (right side) is still not flush. :rolleyes:
It could just be the light or a protective film layer but the center console finish looks matte.

View attachment 633917
View attachment 633918
View attachment 633920
View attachment 633919
View attachment 633921
View attachment 633922

See any SR 7 seaters? Curious if any have made it through the production line.

The 2nd row has the 40% portion slid forwards. Center console is previous piano shiny. I also found these in the trunks for those with 19" wheels:

View attachment 633923
Thanks for clarifying about the center console finish. It's not that the 2nd row right side seat is slid forward. The top edge of the right side 2nd row seat is about 3/4" high as with many previous Model Y (including my Model Y from June 2020)

See any SR 7 seaters? Curious if any have made it through the production line.
There was 1 SR but not 7 seater in this two truck shipment. After a closer look, I believe all of the vehicles were Model Ys and the other models were already parked in the lot. Here's the Ys:
  • 15 Long Range, 1 Standard Range
  • 9 White, 2 Silver, 2 Blue, 2 Red, 1 Black
  • 9 20", 7 19"
  • 13 Black, 3 White
  • 14 5-Seat, 2 7-Seat
  • VINs up to 120,xxx but mostly 11x,xxx

The top edge of the right side 2nd row seat is about 3/4" high as with many previous Model Y (including my Model Y from June 2020)
Hmmm maybe, but these haven't been detailed yet. I saw a slideable 2nd row that was not pushed all the way back with the front edge sticking out too, so there could be 2nd rows that aren't equally reclined either. In general yes, I've seen plenty of reports of not perfectly aligned seats that needed servicing, so it'll be interesting to see if that affects those with 7 seats.

View attachment 633917
View attachment 633918
View attachment 633920
View attachment 633919
View attachment 633921
View attachment 633922

Can someone help a noob out - are these the new adaptive headlights?

Sadly, they are the old lights. First gen center console and lights.

Left Pic = New; Right pic = old
New-vs-old-Tesla-Model-3-headlights-scaled.jpg
I wish I could say I was surprised that there's a disconnect between what they're showing on the site, and what's actually being delivered. Oh well. I don't care much about the console - seems like there are enough pros/cons there either way, but the lights would have been nice. I'll assume mine won't have, and then be pleasantly surprised if they show up.

Reactions: Jemblue7my