Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the LR white/white 20” no FSD on 1/11/2021. My estimated delivery is by 2/15, but no VIN. I’m in Atlanta. The SA recommended waiting for the FSD because it may be offered on a subscription basis soon.
I hope it does...and I hope you can go month to month. I could see buying FSD for a road trip or one off situations. But I just don't drive enough to justify $10k for FSD.

Reactions: illusion8
Did anyone order with FSD and finalize the order ?

FSD price has considerably increased, so wondering if you got it for the lower price at the order time ?

We are planning to wait till my wife starts going back to office. Probably in the fall after vaccinations and kids start going to school. No point buying before that.

I added FSD in November when I still could for $8k

Headlights are headlights. Take whatever the car comes with. Same thing with the console, door panels, and hepa filter. You could be waiting months for all that stuff to filter down to the US and...will it really make that big of a difference in your day to day life? Nah...

If you live in a wildfire area, I'd argue that the bioweapon defence is worth waiting for, and in fact, that is exactly what I am waiting for...

If you live in a wildfire area, I'd argue that the bioweapon defence is worth waiting for, and in fact, that is exactly what I am waiting for...
Likewise, on the fence on waiting on this one. We do have a model 3 we are enjoying now, however, which makes the differential value more visible. If in an alt reality i wasn’t driving a 3 now, I’d go convince me to buy the MY right away with existing features.

Where in SoCal are you taking delivery? My configuration is almost the same as yours but 20” wheels. I’m taking delivery in Buena Park. No estimated delivery date for me yet. I ordered 3/2019

Im taking delivery in SoCal/ Buena Park, White/black/20”/ 7 seat/no FSD, estimated delivery Feb 5 - Feb 12. Asked SA yesterday and she said no VINs matching yet in the system but she’d keep checking over the weekend and give me any updates.

ordered Jan 9, 2020. Guess I’m in the same boat of waiting.

Reactions: RickyDaGr8
Woohoo. My account now says
Estimated Delivery: February 15 - March 07.

I ordered March 2019 and I hadn’t heard from my SA since December 2020 but we finally spoke over the phone yesterday. She informed me she has no updates for me regarding my VIN and then recited FAQ information about the 3rd row, such as that they aren’t heated but have easy entry access.
But now I have her email and she is going to follow up Monday with hopefully some info about when I’m getting mine :/

white on white / hitch / FSD / 20” / texas

Reactions: 11Dolly
I added FSD in November when I still could for $8k
My question, to elaborate, is a bit more complicated.

Has the price gone down compared to the unveiling (I ordered minutes after unveiling) - that might offset the FSD price increase ? IIRC, FSD was 5K at that time. Now it’s 10k.

AWD + 7 seats + FSD = 51 + 3 + 5 = 59k at order time, IIRC.

Price hasn’t changed much except for FSD, looks like. So better to keep the old configuration or remove FSD and wait for subscription.

My question, to elaborate, is a bit more complicated.

Has the price gone down compared to the unveiling (I ordered minutes after unveiling) - that might offset the FSD price increase ? IIRC, FSD was 5K at that time. Now it’s 10k.

AWD + 7 seats + FSD = 51 + 3 + 5 = 59k at order time, IIRC.

Price hasn’t changed much except for FSD, looks like. So better to keep the old configuration or remove FSD and wait for subscription.

The base car dropped 3k in there. So total change was -3k base car, +5k FSD. A net change of +2k if you order it all. A savings of 3k if you skip FSD.

So let me understand this, you want to wait buying the FSD till your wife starts driving the car:rolleyes:? Hope your wife is not on this forum and reading this. ;):) (Just kidding)
LOL.

Seriously, what’s the point of a new car if you aren’t going to drive it ? Infact after ordering Y, her old car broke down and we were forced to lease a van. So, might as well keep the new van until she starts commuting again.

Ofcourse my wife won’t use “FSD”. She prefers to drive badly than let the FSD drive badly for her.

The base car dropped 3k in there. So total change was -3k base car, +5k FSD. A net change of +2k if you order it all. A savings of 3k if you skip FSD.
Checked now - looks like AWD LR dropped by 1k to 50k - but any color other than white adds 1k. So, basically no change in price. Delivery adds 1k+ that confused me earlier.

Considering I ordered white in a hurry but my wife will probably want a different color - i’ll likely drop FSD and get it as subscription when she wants it.

Checked now - looks like AWD LR dropped by 1k to 50k - but any color other than white adds 1k. So, basically no change in price. Delivery adds 1k+ that confused me earlier.

Considering I ordered white in a hurry but my wife will probably want a different color - i’ll likely drop FSD and get it as subscription when she wants it.

When is your reservation from?

I bought mine in June 2020. Price in my order agreement was: 41k base + 11.9k LR AWD + 7k FSD = 59.9 k. Going to the website right now I see 48.5k for LR AWD + 10k FSD = 58.5k. So for someone buying AWD with FSD, you are saving $1500 it looks like..

Reactions: Jemblue7my
When is your reservation from?

I bought mine in June 2020. Price in my order agreement was: 41k base + 11.9k LR AWD + 7k FSD = 59.9 k. Going to the website right now I see 48.5k for LR AWD + 10k FSD = 58.5k. So for someone buying AWD with FSD, you are saving $1500 it looks like..
I ordered right after unveiling.

I see AWD price as 49,990 - without logging in. Does this include delivery ?

I ordered right after unveiling.

I see AWD price as 49,990 - without logging in. Does this include delivery ?

No, neither price included delivery. This is my full agreement.

upload_2021-2-6_11-52-21.png