Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 47C18FDC-1F39-4C5B-A2DF-DBE639A39D5C.jpeg
    47C18FDC-1F39-4C5B-A2DF-DBE639A39D5C.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 93
Checked now - looks like AWD LR dropped by 1k to 50k - but any color other than white adds 1k. So, basically no change in price. Delivery adds 1k+ that confused me earlier.

Considering I ordered white in a hurry but my wife will probably want a different color - i’ll likely drop FSD and get it as subscription when she wants it.
I know more than one person who said I’ll get FSD later and then realized they could have put it on the super low interest car loan - which for some is in the 2.x% range. Everyone is in a different situation so just sharing it as an observation.

I know more than one person who said I’ll get FSD later and then realized they could have put it on the super low interest car loan - which for some is in the 2.x% range. Everyone is in a different situation so just sharing it as an observation.
We'll either lease or pay cash.

I'm talking about yet-to-be started FSD subscription service that Tesla says they will start sometime this year.

• Disagree
Reactions: jerm5006
Just spoke to my sales advisor here in southern CA and she told me that the soft match tool says estimated delivery is 2/24. However, she said it's not 100% accurate and there's a "good" chance I'd still get it before 2/12, which is the last estimated delivery date on my online account. Seeing that some folks are taking delivery already is keeping me hopeful.

Ordered 1/8/21, MY / White / Black / 19" / 7 seats / No FSD
Looks like we ordered within a few days. Same configuration everything except Ordered on 1/7. and the Delivery date is showing as today to Feb 11. Also My exterior Color is Grey.

I'm supposed to get my 7 seater toward the end of this month, but I may want to hold out if the new headlights...
Looks like you don't need to wait long at all with new headlights on Ys manufactured this week! New Headlights on MYP VIN 124,XXX

Did anyone order with FSD and finalize the order ?
We originally ordered when it was $52k Long Range and $6k FSD back in August 2019. We modified it to add the Tow Hitch when the vehicle price dropped to $50k July last year, but FSD had increased to $8k, and that's what we picked up Thursday. I wonder how Tesla adjusts the price or not for people who ordered before the Y price reductions and FSD increases.

comes down to cutting some plastic tabs from the injection molding process off with side cutters
I ended up taking a look, and the two tabs were already cut off! Not sure if it was done at factory or by service before delivery. So even with that fix, the range of motion isn't enough, but probably better than before.

Curious what the average wait time is from factory gate date to delivery. My factory gate (when it left the factory) was 1/30. I got my vin the following day (1/31). I paid my balance, insured the car, and was asked to schedule my delivery date. Earliest available date/time was Feb 13 at 10am.

That seems like a long time. I have to wait a whole extra week... this is excruciating. Especially since I’ve already given them $59k of my money.

I wonder how often cars become available sooner than the scheduled delivery date.

Looks like you don't need to wait long at all with new headlights on Ys manufactured this week! New Headlights on MYP VIN 124,XXX

We originally ordered when it was $52k Long Range and $6k FSD back in August 2019. We modified it to add the Tow Hitch when the vehicle price dropped to $50k July last year, but FSD had increased to $8k, and that's what we picked up Thursday. I wonder how Tesla adjusts the price or not for people who ordered before the Y price reductions and FSD increases.

I ended up taking a look, and the two tabs were already cut off! Not sure if it was done at factory or by service before delivery. So even with that fix, the range of motion isn't enough, but probably better than before.

Awesome! Thank you for letting me know!!

The laws governing Tesla sales vary by state. I believe that for Tesla vehicles delivered in Texas the sale has to be completed, paid in full, prior to delivery. In other states you may be able to make your final payment at delivery by bringing your final payment (cashier's check from a major bank) when you pick up the car or via touch less home delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: ryanjeffords
LR AWD 7 seater/Black interior/Blue/FSD/Tow hitch/19" wheels/FSD in Utah- today an estimated delivery date range of Feb 7- Feb 27 showed up on my account! No VIN. Reserved Dec 2019. Haven't noticed a delivery date estimate before today (I check every day).

Was at the showroom today looking at the 3rd row on a floor car and talked to a service advisor who let me know they are just waiting for the factory to produce the car at this point.

I checked a lot of the Y's on the lot with shipping stickers (not all of them) and didn't see any of the new headlights.

Trying to switch my 7-seat performance model Y reservation to a 7-seat long range version...but my sales advisor won't ever pick up the phone. I'm OK with the delay, and wouldn't mind waiting a few more months for my Y...but I want to make sure to lock in the price before it might increase...

Placed the oder on 1/13/2021. 7 SEATs LR AWD White-White 19" w/o FSD. Last Day stays at Feb 12th since day 1. First Day changed from Jan 22nd to Feb 7th today. LOL

Estimated Delivery: February 07 - February 12

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.