Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They started taking orders in March 2019 but only started building the 7-seaters in January. They also placed no priority on early pre-orders versus people who ordered recently
Yeah, I am in the same boat. Next week will be officially 2 years since I put $2500 to reserve a 7 seater. Being in Cali, I expect to be one of the last to receive it for this quarter.

Awesome, hope to see more in NY! When did you order? I'm a day 1 preorder from March 2019 in NYC, and still have no VIN and delivery date, meanwhile I'm seeing some placing orders in Jan/Feb and have received their cars already 😆.
Oddly I ordered in early January 2020. However, there is no rhyme or reason why I would've/should've received a VIN before you. I have seen scores of folks with my same build getting VINS 1-2 weeks ago and ordered weeks after I did. :-/

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Just updated spreadsheet. Going for delivery today, they ended up moving the delivery date 3 days earlier than expected arrival. Sounds like things are speeding up.

Also for others that have vacation and work issues with pick-up days, they seem to be a little more flexible outside of the 3 day window. Its also easier if they moved delivery dates at least once on you. As a last resort, they said you can do a name change to a trusted-family member and then have them gift the car back to you through your DMV.... Not ideal and assumes your loan company can let you do that (or cash may be the only option to do that). And your state lets you do that!

Ordered Jan 25 - White/Black/Standard Auto/19/Tow - delivery NY, hope others in Cal, NM and West get their cars now soon!