Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 2/11 Spokane WA. When I ordered it was listed as 2-4 weeks
When I ordered it said 2-6 weeks. I ordered on 1/16 in ID. The crappy part is, I didn't do enough research to see that Tesla's timeline is not at all accurate. I sold my car thinking I was going to be taking delivery soonish. Still waiting for a VIN. The people at the local SC are just as clueless as I am on timelines.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Called my SA, told him I was canceling the order. Was told I would not be able to order another new or use

Ask him to give that in writing. This is vindictive. Is he going to prevent that or Tesla would? I don't think this is part of an agreement that Tesla bars someone for 2 years if they cancel the ordel; only penalty is forfeiting the $100. Regardless, I would change my SA and talk to his manager about his tone, if I am in your situation.

Last edited:
Ask him to give that in writing. This is vindictive. Is he going to prevent that or Tesla would? I don't think this is part of an agreement that Tesla bars someone for 2 years if they cancel the ordel; only penalty is forfeiting the $100. Regardless, I would change my SA and talk to his manager about his tone, if I am in your situation.
I agree! this seems very odd.

Reactions: EchoDelta
He has been a bit of a jerk, I was originally setup for pickup in Boise ID (didn't want to deal with Seattle) but he insisted it had to be Seattle. Found out that Spokane had opened up for deliveries and called while he was off and had another move it to Spokane.
Glad you were able to move it. Some people shouldn't be in the service industry if they can't handle the pressure. The people at the Boise SC are super nice. They are not the most knowledgeable but they try to hardest to get you the answer.

I emailed Tesla to upgrade my wheels this morning and when I went back this afternoon I saw an updated pic of MY with a VIN 144XXX!
Hi, what is your Y details? We ordered on 1/12, SR, red coat, 7 seats. No Vin yet. Just received text from our SA that our car wasn’t produced yet. But in text 2 weeks ago she said latest ETA will be in end of March. We re in Honolulu, Hi

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Congratulations! I am wondering if MY SR is still in production cause I order 1/12 same your configs but not Vin yet. I am thinking to update to LR if it can make the waiting more shorter :(
ordered 1/24 for MY SR 5 seater and no VIN as of yet. Hoping to be part of the end of quarter push that's coming in the next couple of weeks. I'm in SoCal which historically gets last as far as delivery