Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dealt with some major annoyance last night. I’m scheduled for delivery this morning and got called at 6 pm yesterday telling me that my car arrived dented so badly that it’d need at least 2 weeks in a body shop before delivery. I asked them to look locally for a car close to my configuration and as luck would have it, they already had an inventory vehicle on the lot with the exact same configuration except that this one has a tow hitch, which I’m fine paying an extra $1000 for if it saves me the inconvenience of needing to rent a car again.

But...when the vehicle was switched, the price reset to the current price. I’d ordered when the price was $1000 lower. Let’s see if they adjust that back down for me given the circumstances.

In a stroke of weird cosmic something, the VIN is exactly one consecutive number later.

• Informative
Reactions: Axeman
Dealt with some major annoyance last night. I’m scheduled for delivery this morning and got called at 6 pm yesterday telling me that my car arrived dented so badly that it’d need at least 2 weeks in a body shop before delivery. I asked them to look locally for a car close to my configuration and as luck would have it, they already had an inventory vehicle on the lot with the exact same configuration except that this one has a tow hitch, which I’m fine paying an extra $1000 for if it saves me the inconvenience of needing to rent a car again.

But...when the vehicle was switched, the price reset to the current price. I’d ordered when the price was $1000 lower. Let’s see if they adjust that back down for me given the circumstances.

In a stroke of weird cosmic something, the VIN is exactly one consecutive number later.
Sounds like you got up sold with a "would you like to supersize that"

Ordered 7 seat SR/white ext/black int/tow hitch on 1/12 and just took delivery today. Got direct delivery down here on the Gulf Coast. Glad I was home because Tesla gave me no heads up that it was arriving. Truck driver wasn’t even given my number to contact me. It worked out though and haven’t found any major issues with it yet. I hope everyone waiting gets theirs soon.
They wanted to deliver mine at home, fortunately I live relatively close to a delivery center and insisted hard on getting it there. For me it’s a more relaxed environment to do the inspection, and folks are ok as long as you are clear you don’t want to hold them up ; while they are busy with quarter end.

Seems that would be a great resolution!

My SA called today to tell me there was a White/Black/19"/no tow/no FSD available for assignment. Built yesterday. I passed, but if anyone is after that configuration, maybe give your SA a call. That's consistent with all the White VINs being assigned.

15 minutes later he called back and said he found a "pre-production" MSM/Black/20"/tow/no FSD--basically my configuration but adding the tow hitch--and asked if I wanted to get matched to that. I said yes. Then he tried, and it was gone. So it seems likely that MSMs are up soon.

He told me that, if I can get matched to a pre-production vehicle, I could expect delivery in the first two weeks of April. But if not, then I might be waiting until June ?!?! First I've heard of that (and I'll probably go a different route if it is going to take that long).

Anyway, my take-away from all of this is that finding a match depends, at least sometimes, on the amount of effort your SA is putting in. I think mine has been sitting on his hands for 2 months. He basically admitted as much and referred to some kind of email "problems." I think he just started looking for me today.

And so the wait continues into week 10 . . .
My VIN (159xxx) has arrived -- Woohoo!!! MSM/black/20"/no tow/no FSD. 1/26 order date, WA state.

Given that it was assigned sometime between 1:30am (last time I checked last night) and 8:09am (first time I checked this morning), I think it was automatic rather than being found by my SA. I have not received any email or text message. I was told a couple of weeks ago that I am scheduled for home delivery, which seems odd given that the service center is < 10 miles from my house. Time to go download a delivery checklist! So excited!

My VIN (159xxx) has arrived -- Woohoo!!! MSM/black/20"/no tow/no FSD. 1/26 order date, WA state.

Given that it was assigned sometime between 1:30am (last time I checked last night) and 8:09am (first time I checked this morning), I think it was automatic rather than being found by my SA. I have not received any email or text message. I was told a couple of weeks ago that I am scheduled for home delivery, which seems odd given that the service center is < 10 miles from my house. Time to go download a delivery checklist! So excited!
I think the closer you are to a delivery site, the cheaper their uber ride home, and the sooner your car is no longer their liability.

I am 140 miles from delivery center and was told that home delivery wasn't available for my address, was planning on picking up in person. Got an automated text saying my car will be delivered to my house in 2-4 days 🤷‍♂️
Nice - that sounds like the cable guy.
“We’ll be there when it’s most convenient for us, least convenient for you sometime in the next 2 to 96 hours. Obviously, we expect that you’ll be home waiting until we arrive.”

Just spoke with someone at the SC and they told me that my car was still pre production and I should get a text anytime in the next few days to schedule delivery. It will be got off the press literally! For everyone still in the no vin club, we have not abandoned you! We'll let the good energy and quality info coming!

I liked that mine was still in production when i got my VIN too!

Reactions: Axeman