Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Coda: delivery went great today. They honored the $1000 price reduction from February despite changing me to a different VIN last night. Panels and everything were flawless. Just a few interior trim things that needed adjusting/tucking and one of the door handles is a little too far in.
Now those plastic pieces on the ends of the second row sliders? Well, they keep popping off and one of the fasteners broke already. I’ll have them fix it when they come to install Homelink and adjust the door handle.

After your VIN was assigned did you receive a text or call to set the initial delivery? I also received my VIN 3/25, finalized my payment that same day but I haven’t heard from anyone since then.
I received an email this morning indicating that I needed to make final payment via my Tesla portal. Once payment was finalized, I received a text indicating that my delivery was scheduled for tomorrow. A few hours later, I received a phone call from Tesla saying that delivery is scheduled for today. I can't speak for everyone else, but it happens so quick once you receive your VIN.

My VIN (159xxx) has arrived -- Woohoo!!! MSM/black/20"/no tow/no FSD. 1/26 order date, WA state.

Given that it was assigned sometime between 1:30am (last time I checked last night) and 8:09am (first time I checked this morning), I think it was automatic rather than being found by my SA. I have not received any email or text message. I was told a couple of weeks ago that I am scheduled for home delivery, which seems odd given that the service center is < 10 miles from my house. Time to go download a delivery checklist! So excited
Hey all - I modded a checklist I had done for our Model 3 for a Model Y 7-seat, thought I might share.
I like printing it (it fits in one sheet) and having a blue or red pen to check off boxes.
Remember to make a copy if you will edit it.
Printable Delivery Checklist for Model Y 7-seater early 2021

(in my delivery, the only item that needed correction was that a clothing hanger hook didn't want to close. I consider this a win!)

So what's the average wait time for Tesla to make contact to schedule a delivery after the VIN is assigned?
I got my VIN on the 23rd (Tuesday) and I was told my car would arrive at a Tesla center in Colorado on the 29th and that is when they would call me to schedule delivery. If that's correct, my time will be 6 days. And, then they said 2-3 days for delivery

Since you are in southern Ca, I'm sure yours will be much quicker than someone a few states away.

Reactions: Mcerwing87
I received an email this morning indicating that I needed to make final payment via my Tesla portal. Once payment was finalized, I received a text indicating that my delivery was scheduled for tomorrow. A few hours later, I received a phone call from Tesla saying that delivery is scheduled for today. I can't speak for everyone else, but it happens so quick once you receive your VIN.
I think it depends on how far you live from the factory. My car has to go to Colorado and then home delivery to New Mexico. So, likely 7-10 days total for me

Reactions: kkw249
Hey all - I modded a checklist I had done for our Model 3 for a Model Y 7-seat, thought I might share.
I like printing it (it fits in one sheet) and having a blue or red pen to check off boxes.
Remember to make a copy if you will edit it.
Printable Delivery Checklist for Model Y 7-seater early 2021

(in my delivery, the only item that needed correction was that a clothing hanger hook didn't want to close. I consider this a win!)
Thank you much for this checklist and so glad your car is in great condition!

So I called to try to get an idea on delivery time frame. I was told that my car is still in the factory, despite being a 148xxx vin, which is obviously 10K behind most recent report VINs. Curious.

They told me that vin assignments are made late in the production process, and that they “obviously would try to deliver before the end of the month, which would be wednesday

• Helpful
Reactions: mdcone