Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, so I unofficially took delivery yesterday 3/28. Overall the car was great with a few issues.
-minor fender gap on the passenger side that meets the pillar. They addressed this on the spot and it came out better
-right when I was about to leave, I put the car in drive and an error message appeared: “the right second row seat is not locked on the floor.” The seat behind the passenger couldn’t fold down anymore. They came and took a look and told me they would have to keep the car due to safety concerns. Since this was 6pm on a Sunday, service was closed and they won’t be able to look at it till next morning. They gave me a loaner for the time being :(

Overall the experience was top notch, the quality of service from the delivery rep to the managers to the service reps was exceptional. They addressed all concerns I had and I didn’t feel rushed even though my appointment was schedule at end of day for them. Now I’m waiting to hear from service. They told me this will be priority to address.
I received the same error as you. Took delivery on Saturday. Tested out the third row by reclining the second row passenger side seat forward. After setting the second row passenger seat back in it's place, the Second Row seat is not locked on floor error popped up. After multiple failed attempts of pushing seat base up and then down, the message went away. I've scheduled a service appointment for this Wednesday to have them take a look at this an uneven frunk, chipped dashboard, and uneven gap in the rear). Hope these things get taken care of.

I got the following text today with respect to taking delivery:

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built tomorrow. We plan to drop off your Model Y to your address at on 3/31. There is no need to be present at drop-off, you will be able to access your Model Y with the Tesla App.

You must complete the following in your Tesla Account before delivery:
- E-sign your contract, which will be available on 3/30
- Submit final payment, if necessary

Once your Model Y is dropped off, you will receive an email to electronically accept delivery, which must be completed within 24 hours of receipt. Please reply to this text with any questions.

Does anyone have any idea how issues are reported and rectified on a home delivery? Do I just cal l Tesla with my list of demands and schedule a service appointment if the car isn’t perfect on delivery. Oh - and I would be shocked if it is given that they will finish building my car tomorrow and then deliver 6 hours down the road sometime during the following day.

All that said - freaking excited!

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built tomorrow. We plan to drop off your Model Y to your address at on 3/31. There is no need to be present at drop-off, you will be able to access your Model Y with the Tesla App.

Once your Model Y is dropped off, you will receive an email to electronically accept delivery, which must be completed within 24 hours of receipt. Please reply to this text with any questions.

Does anyone have any idea how issues are reported and rectified on a home delivery? Do I just cal l Tesla with my list of demands and schedule a service appointment if the car isn’t perfect on delivery. Oh - and I would be shocked if it is given that they will finish building my car tomorrow and then deliver 6 hours down the road sometime during the following day.

Usually through the tesla app

Reactions: Jemblue7my

I just received the same text!

Good question i was curious about that as well

Reactions: mdcone
Took delivery just an hour ago in Wexford, PA. Found a scratch inside they will fix later and the second row has some issues allowing access to third row. They noted both down and will be getting fixed via mobile repair. There were a few small blemishes resolved on the spot. All in all it went well and the checklists I found here gave me more confidence.
One thing though. I also pointed out a possible panel gap misalignment with frunk but she insisted was within spec since the sides were even. See photo below, what do you all think?
86DACFF0-41A7-4151-95D2-D17B3FF0569B.jpeg

I happened to be at home when they delivered my MY (of course I wasn't going anywhere!). Instead of dropping off the DMV transfer paperwork via the FedEx envelope via instructions myself, the delivery agent had me sign the documents and he took them back with him. I had asked him the question you posed regarding finding imperfections, etc. He indicated to log into the Tesla app on your phone, schedule service (scheduling service over phone not an option), and indicate the issues you're seeing along with uploading photo within *24 hours of taking home delivery*. As long as you do that, you should be good to go. Hope this helps.

Took delivery just an hour ago in Wexford, PA. Found a scratch inside they will fix later and the second row has some issues allowing access to third row. They noted both down and will be getting fixed via mobile repair. There were a few small blemishes resolved on the spot. All in all it went well and the checklists I found here gave me more confidence.
One thing though. I also pointed out a possible panel gap misalignment with frunk but she insisted was within spec since the sides were even. See photo below, what do you all think? View attachment 649006
Looks like the frunk panel gap that I have as well. I'm scheduled to take mine in this Wednesday to have them look at this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jemblue7my
Hi everyone, congratulations on getting updates on your orders, VINs etc. Would appreciate if you guys could provide your order date so those of us who ordered more recently might have some perspective on timing. Thanks and good luck!!
3/9/2021

I ordered a white/black/19/fsd/tow but never got a VIN. I saw a new inventory car a few hours from me which was white/white/19/fsd/no tow and had my SA swap it out yesterday morning.

Just got an appointment on 31 Mar for delivery. The car is leaving the factory today.
How about an “April Fools’ Joke” on Tesla? They are pushing all these deliveries EOQ. What if we can spare a day and have them deliver on the 1st? ( I know we all want to get the car now) this will disrupt their EOQ numbers. They gave us the agony of waiting, it’s payback time, 😆

• Funny
Reactions: MilSpec and kkw249