Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, just updating regarding my order for a MYLR 7 White/White, Tow, no FSD OD 9/17. On 3/18 I saw two extra documents appear on my MY order page detail under "Documents", and one document showed a VIN on it. Did not receive a text regarding it. I did receive a text from Tesla like many regarding the MARCH delivery for that car. I also have a M3SR+ on order basic everything OD 9/20. Never received a MARCH text for that. I ended up receiving the VIN + pickup same day or anytime this week on 3/19 and picked it up same day. This car is a present for my dad since my parents have been driving two cars years 1998 and 1989 and having been spending a fortune on gas commuting to Los Angeles 3 days a week. Went into Tesla during pick up asking about the VIN assigned to the MYLR as well and was told that no VIN exists. They do not see any VIN assigned to my MYLR7 on their end. I showed them the VIN on my phone under documents on the Tesla account and they said that's weird and told me to be patient and wait to get it between March 20-April 2nd (current EDD). Woke up today on 3/21 and EDD now pushed out for 4/2- 4/31. For the last two months I kept getting EDDs that would be 2-3 days pushed out from the current EDD ex. 3/17-3/28, day after the first day into the EDD window it would change to 3/19-3/28. Kept doing that all through Feb and March and now back to one month EDD range pushed 2 weeks out. I guess I won't be getting the car for this EOQ. The M3SR+ also had the same style of EDDs all the way up to VIN assignment but never got the MARCH text.

Hello everyone, just updating regarding my order for a MYLR 7 White/White, Tow, no FSD OD 9/17. On 3/18 I saw two extra documents appear on my MY order page detail under "Documents", and one document showed a VIN on it. Did not receive a text regarding it. I did receive a text from Tesla like many regarding the MARCH delivery for that car. I also have a M3SR+ on order basic everything OD 9/20. Never received a MARCH text for that. I ended up receiving the VIN + pickup same day or anytime this week on 3/19 and picked it up same day. This car is a present for my dad since my parents have been driving two cars years 1998 and 1989 and having been spending a fortune on gas commuting to Los Angeles 3 days a week. Went into Tesla during pick up asking about the VIN assigned to the MYLR as well and was told that no VIN exists. They do not see any VIN assigned to my MYLR7 on their end. I showed them the VIN on my phone under documents on the Tesla account and they said that's weird and told me to be patient and wait to get it between March 20-April 2nd (current EDD). Woke up today on 3/21 and EDD now pushed out for 4/2- 4/31. For the last two months I kept getting EDDs that would be 2-3 days pushed out from the current EDD ex. 3/17-3/28, day after the first day into the EDD window it would change to 3/19-3/28. Kept doing that all through Feb and March and now back to one month EDD range pushed 2 weeks out. I guess I won't be getting the car for this EOQ. The M3SR+ also had the same style of EDDs all the way up to VIN assignment but never got the MARCH text.
That sucks to get a VIN and then Tesla being like “nope sorry”. Hopefully we get ours soon.

Woke up with a VIN this morning! I got a F402xxx series.
Congrats!! Seriously, happy to see another 7 delivered.

I'm at a loss trying to make heads or tails of this delivery system. I have the exact same build (MYLR7, MSM/Black, 20", tow) but ordered Aug 6th with delivery to Vegas, so plenty close (9 hrs) to Fremont. Still in June Jail (EDD "June"), since March 15th (was March 12-31 prior to Jail). No holds. No trade-in, "cash" in my profile. 🤷‍♂️

Congrats!! Seriously, happy to see another 7 delivered.

I'm at a loss trying to make heads or tails of this delivery system. I have the exact same build (MYLR7, MSM/Black, 20", tow) but ordered Aug 6th with delivery to Vegas, so plenty close (9 hrs) to Fremont. Still in June Jail (EDD "June"), since March 15th (was March 12-31 prior to Jail). No holds. No trade-in, "cash" in my profile. 🤷‍♂️
Have you called Tesla to ask about escalating your order to logistics? I called in and escalated last week because my May order (with holds) was showing June to July . I am not sure if this was by chance and would have happened anyway or if it was because of an escalation my EDD updated to April 2nd to April 30th.

Have you called Tesla to ask about escalating your order to logistics? I called in and escalated last week because my May order (with holds) was showing June to July . I am not sure if this was by chance and would have happened anyway or if it was because of an escalation my EDD updated to April 2nd to April 30th.
I called the delivery center in early March to find out if the March 12-31 window was real this time because I'm unavailable March 26-31. She told me the system was showing a build date of Apr 22 with DC delivery of Apr 26th (I think), so my unavailability is fine. Was given the standard 'it could change, so don't quote me or get upset if it does' line, which I'm fine with. When it went to June on Mar 15th, it wasn't totally expect, but would have felt better if it went around the April dates and I expected it to adjust after Sunday night, but no dice. Since I didn't, I'll reach out to the person I talked to last tike and see if the system still shows the Apr dates. Why my EDD mismatched the system in early March is a whole other question.

Cool! Always nice to know there are others with the same delivery destination and others also with the same build. 🥹

On the bright side. I spent the day figuring out the M3 and teaching my parents to operate it. They're a bit tech fatigue/ technology challenged and are completely baffled, it's like an alien space ship for them 😂. Haven't seen them so excited in so long. The car is amazing btw and is completely worth the wait, it does wonders.

Just called Tesla Sales dept and the guy said on his system he sees me getting assigned a VIN on Wednesday 23rd…can they see VIN assignments before they happen? I thought they were as in the dark as we were? Hope he’s right!
They can see a projected build date, which is a different field than our EDD, but many SAs don't know that or won't/can't tell us. I don't know if it's as volatile as our EDD, but either way I'd bet beers they don't share it as a matter of practice because the amount of complaining they'd get when it changes would be off the chain and not worth the headache. The two dates can be different, as I found out a couple weeks back.

Omg!!! Im so excited!!! You basically ordered my car. I got MYLR7 Blue, Blk int, Tow but no FSD. Keep us posted on the additions, we may get ours tinted on front windshield. Also what accessories did you order?

it's a long list and i'm waiting on a few items as I ordered from Amazon (immediate), Tesla (soon) and Ali Express (mixed timing 3 weeks - 2 months). I didn't expect to get lucky so was fine waiting for discounts from Ali Express.

i've also got an appt in 8 days to get 3 of the mods installed by a friend's sound shop (swivel screen mounted, internal LED light package and replacement fog reflector lights). we'll see how it goes (the reflectors are a little risky).

i bought around 25 mods (lots of little things) so ill do a full post after and summarize if it will help others. so far everything has worked with the exception of the trunk grocery hook handle.

They can see a projected build date, which is a different field than our EDD, but many SAs don't know that or won't/can't tell us. I don't know if it's as volatile as our EDD, but either way I'd bet beers they don't share it as a matter of practice because the amount of complaining they'd get when it changes would be off the chain and not worth the headache. The two dates can be different, as I found out a couple weeks back.
Just called to get my projected build date and I was told my car is “in production” and estimated to be built in the middle of next month. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Otter2007