Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: July 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR 5 Tow Hitch Red/Black
Fremont, CA
7/31/2023

Ready for delivery 8/7

Has anyone experienced a shorter delivery time frame? Fremont must have been building red model y's when I ordered for it to be ready so quick

All Fremont MY's are using 21700 batteries?

And this was indeed a brand new vehicle with 2 miles on the odometer (probably from driving it from factory to the lot)

My model y LR is scheduled for delivery on Monday, Aug 21. I see the same car is discounted $1500 100 miles away in my state. Do you think Tesla would match that price on my car to to be delivered?

I doubt it. My guess is they would give you 2 options with that one. Switch the order to it and pay the transport fee to move it to where you are, or you go pick it up 100m away.

MYLR
Midnight Silver
19" Wheels
5 Seat - White Interior
Tow Package
OD: July 30
ODD: August-September 2023
EDD: August 11 - August 18 (Updated 8/9 - Now Earlier!)
VIN: Assigned (Fremont Build)
Mission complete!
Delivery Date August 16!

Some observations on the whole process:
  • Dates were pretty accurate! Delivery was actually slightly earlier than the initial estimate.
  • Pre-delivery process was pretty easy - but never got any messages or emails. Had to keep refreshing app to get any updates.
  • Advisor was worthless. One initial email congratulating me on my order and never once reached out or responded to emails.
  • Phone support when I needed it was actually better than expected. Waited just a few minutes and got the whole FSD process taken care in one call.
  • Speaking of FSD - least troublesome step - filled out form and it transferred immediately after delivery
  • Delivery took longer than expected though - about as long as it did when I purchased my last ICE car. Took about an hour and half the time was waiting for the trade in to be “processed”
  • Speaking of trades - will never trade in to Tesla again. Low value and gums up the delivery process. I had better experience trading in at traditional dealers. If I have used car when buying a Tesla I will get a cash offer or sell myself. Only reason I stuck with it was to make the FSD transfer easier. My first Tesla I bought outright and it is much easier.
And finally the Model Y is a huge upgrade from my 2020 Model 3!!! It came with HW4 and Matrix headlights but the car itself is soooo much quieter and smoother driving. Finally feels luxurious!

This weekend we go camping with our teardrop trailer so can’t wait to see how she tows too!

All the best to the rest of the July orders!

MYLR made in Fremont
Deep Blue Metallic
5 Seat - black interior
19" Gemini wheels
OD: July 29
ODD: JUL/AUG, then AUG/SEP
EDD: 17-26 AUG
VIN: 5 AUG
My EDD got adjusted last week to 16-22 AUG, then on MON 14 AUG I got word that it was time to schedule my delivery. My only options were MON & TUE 21 - 22 AUG, so I naturally went for the earliest possible open slot. :D

THEN on WED, I got a text from SA that my car had reached my delivery location in Devon, PA. Took a chance and responded to ask whether it was a possibility to pick up earlier than MON 21 AUG and they replied and said yes, SAT 19 AUG was fine so I'm picking up tomorrow at 11:30a! Super stoked!!