Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: July 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting closer!

MYLR
Midnight Silver
19" Wheels
5 Seat - White Interior
Tow Package
OD: July 30
ODD: August-September 2023
EDD: August 11 - August 18 (Updated 8/9 - Now Earlier!)
VIN: Assigned (Fremont Build)

EDD moved up a week and I got final trade in value - but it was $3,000 less than the original estimate :-( ($26,900 for a 2020 M3LR). Carvana not much better - $27,500 - and I get tax savings trading in so I will accept the offer and move on. Model 3 resale just continues to drop I suspect with FSD trades and pending refresh.

FSD transfer form is submitted. I had to call to request it, but it was a short wait and the rep was helpful. Looks like they are changing up the process and removing the charge from the order. I was told the transfer would happen after delivery.

Next step is scheduling the actual delivery now! Fingers crossed it’s this weekend…

Reactions: mgeneczko
How long do you have to wait for the FSD Transfer Form? I placed my order the 2nd, got a VIN assigned the 4th, and still nothing. Multiple emails and phones are left unanwsered (Tesla Belgium). This is very annoying, as I want to transfer my account to the person that bought my old car, but I can't as long as transfer is not completed. I also got already the request to pay, but that still holds the extra money for FSD (so I won't pay yet, which I guess may affect the delivery date set for the 17th). Very frustrating and stressful .
I'm in the US so my experience might not be the same as yours.
They transfer FSD 1-2 days before delivery date but you must have the FSD transfer contract completed. In the US an inside Tesla Advisor calls you and sends the contract over. Mine called two days after the VIN was assigned. Do not sell your car before the FSD is transfered or it will screw up the deal. They deduct the $15k for the FSD transfer 1 day before delivery. You can pay after the final adjustments are made. Make sure you wipe the car to factory reset before you sell it.

Reactions: ELVY
Bought a MYP, Red, White interior HW4 inventory from Tigard, OR. It was marked $2300 off (new) on 7/27.
Traded in 2021 MYLR, Red, 20", 7 seater.
Trade-in value came through 7/29 and even though I bought from Tigard, OR... I picked up in Liberty Lake WA 8/4.
The entire process took 45 minutes start to end. Vehicle had 100% no issues and was the same VIN I bought from Tigard, OR.
They must've shipped it to WA.

I did have a order placed 7/20 for the same spec but opt'd for the inventory one since it was $2300 off + $500 loyalty discount.

Reactions: player13
MYLR
Midnight Silver
19" wheels
tow hitch

OD: July 22
ODD: Jul-Aug
VIN assigned: July 31 (Austin build) with estimated delivery date Aug 12-21
today got notice to schedule delivery for Aug 16-18

original trade estimate for 2011 RAV4 with 88K miles was $8500-8900 (which seemed reasonable given KBB although car has been well taken care of so probably in much better shape than most 12 year old cars)
when placed order a few days later, Tesla offered $8100 (other dealers offered $9,000 for a trade-in for their electric car)
sold to Carvana for $12,600 (used car market in central Ohio must be good)
I had waited to reject offer from Tesla until sold to Carvana Tuesday. Rejected offer Tuesday night and set up payment which just showed leaving my bank account today so perhaps Tesla had been waiting for that to schedule my delivery or perhaps coincidence that got delivery notice today)

Success! Took delivery today (8/10) from a July 24 order. It was a day late because the windshield had been cracked in transport. Replaced and everything else is perfect. The panel gaps are tight - I saw worse with Mercedes. Paint looks good. The process was simple aside from FSD transfer. Tesla seems to keep changing things, so the advisors are always a bit unsure. It worked tho. I'd had Beta so long on my Model 3 that it's almost like a new interface to be going back to standard. I don't mind!

Early impressions -- MYP is almost too quick. Somehow it doesn't feel as quick as it is, in a good way, and all of a sudden I'm 20 over the speed limit. Driving is very much like the 3 - a little taller, a little heavier, and I can't see the front fenders. The vision parking system ... maybe it's good, but I don't trust it yet. It's given me a couple STOP warnings that it shouldn't, but I'll take err on the side of caution. No other quirks yet, so good luck to everyone still waiting!

MYLR made in Fremont
Deep Blue Metallic
5 Seat - black interior
19" Gemini wheels
OD: July 29
ODD: JUL/AUG, then AUG/SEP
EDD: 17-26 AUG
VIN: 5 AUG

When the EDD got narrowed down to 2 weeks I thought I'd stop insanely checking the app. Not so much. :p

MYLR made in Fremont
Deep Blue Metallic
5 Seat - black interior
19" Gemini wheels
OD: July 29
ODD: JUL/AUG, then AUG/SEP
EDD: 17-26 AUG
VIN: 5 AUG

When the EDD got narrowed down to 2 weeks I thought I'd stop insanely checking the app. Not so much. :p
Lol, I've been insanely checking here and the app. My EDD just got moved up from 8/21 to 27 to 8/15 to 24. Fingers crossed. I'm in NJ and ordered the same config.

Today’s delivery day! Prepared for the 8+ hour post-delivery bonding experience 😁

Attachments

• 1425D498-3C0D-4FCE-82D4-907BC910FAAD.jpeg
    1425D498-3C0D-4FCE-82D4-907BC910FAAD.jpeg
    294.7 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: UglyDuckling
Getting closer!

MYLR
Midnight Silver
19" Wheels
5 Seat - White Interior
Tow Package
OD: July 30
ODD: August-September 2023
EDD: August 11 - August 18 (Updated 8/9 - Now Earlier!)
VIN: Assigned (Fremont Build)

EDD moved up a week and I got final trade in value - but it was $3,000 less than the original estimate :-( ($26,900 for a 2020 M3LR). Carvana not much better - $27,500 - and I get tax savings trading in so I will accept the offer and move on. Model 3 resale just continues to drop I suspect with FSD trades and pending refresh.

FSD transfer form is submitted. I had to call to request it, but it was a short wait and the rep was helpful. Looks like they are changing up the process and removing the charge from the order. I was told the transfer would happen after delivery.

Next step is scheduling the actual delivery now! Fingers crossed it’s this weekend…

Delivery scheduled! Wed 8/16 - right in the EDD window! She will get a really good test drive next weekend as we will be towing our teardrop trailer to go camping for the weekend! Looking forward to see how she tows!

Reactions: mgeneczko
Did you already get it?? 😃
Got it. Pic attached.

Delivery experience was great. I was given as much time with the car as I wanted (in and out) before paying. I spent about 15 minutes. Overall pretty good — a few very minor chips in the front bumper (super tiny) they’re going to fix. Passenger side doors are ever so slightly out of alignment but he said it was within spec and they won’t touch that. Barely noticeable, I may try to adjust one of them myself. Interior perfect. There was a lot of sloppy prep work — sticky residue from the wrap and dried polishing compound. The delivery guy noticed it and apologized, and said they know their detailing department isn’t great and he’s trying to get them to work on it.

The paint, however…a solid “D”.

Have spent the last four hours doing a badge swap (black), iron decon, wash, clay, 2-stage polish, and paint prep. I have never seen such bad factory paint. It’s full of little blemishes, microscratches, and worst of all there are little…weird spots…I’m not sure how to describe them. They’re not scratches, or nibs, or anything like that. Just…inconsistencies in the paint. I’ve found 3 of them so far; one is the size of a stretched out quarter on the rear quarter panel. When the light hits it’s really obvious, it’s like the paint reflects differently there. The other two are much smaller, but they warp the light and you can see them. They’re under the clearcoat, so short of a full repaint they’re not going to get fixed.

By comparison, the paint on our last purchase (2021 Kia Telluride) was amazing. Very nearly perfect. A-.

I fully acknowledge that most people will probably never see this stuff. It would not surprise me if over my entire ownership period with this car, not a single other person notices them. But I noticed them within a couple hours because I’m picky about paint. Oh well. Unless you know where to look, the car looks great.

It’s about 1000% humidity so I’m going to wait until later tonight to apply the ceramic.

Attachments

• 13B4F503-79E1-4714-AA28-1DB3A4C22D25.jpeg
    13B4F503-79E1-4714-AA28-1DB3A4C22D25.jpeg
    698.4 KB · Views: 56
MYP
Black
5 Seat - White
No Tow
OD: July 21st
ODD: July-August
EDD: Aug 9-16
Vin 7/27
Scheduled (Aug 5th) Aug 15th (Actual pickup 12th)
Texas

Trading in 2022 m3lr
Got it early! Gallery called this afternoon and said it's ready to go. So delivery 12th instead of the 15th. Car is flawless. Much better than my2022 m3lr, which wasn't horrible. I thought my m3lr was quick. Holy cow this myp flies. So much fun. Ride is more comfortable for sure. Not as plush as the standard range y (Austin build) that I test drove, but much better than the 3. The white interior is stunning. Ceramic tint and coating this coming week. Already installed matte screen protector, ssd drive, floor mats... tomorrow ambient lighting will be changed to red leds, door/puddle projector leds installed. I'm very happy. Welcome home Vader.