Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car has left the factory text will come in a few days. Then a week or so later you will see a text to schedule pickup. Congrats!
Just to add this as a data point, I never received the car has left the factory text message. I was assigned a VIN and a few days later, I got a notification to schedule my delivery. It was like 10 days between getting a VIN and taking delivery. My delivery was at the end of June.

I woke up this morning and I got the Tesla payment ready email in inbox.
I logged into web site and saw MVPA generated and had VIN inside. (F532)
Maybe my journey is finally over soon!

Btw, when do I get the email/message to schedule the delivery date? I didn't even get any txt regarding the car has left the factory either.

Thx in advance.
within a couple of days of my same email I got a text that said congratulations, its your turn to schedule your model Y delivery. Then it will tell you to log on to your app and schedule your appointment. its been along time waiting :)

I woke up this morning and I got the Tesla payment ready email in inbox.
I logged into web site and saw MVPA generated and had VIN inside. (F532)
Maybe my journey is finally over soon!

Btw, when do I get the email/message to schedule the delivery date? I didn't even get any txt regarding the car has left the factory either.

Thx in advance.
Just make sure you have completed all tasks in the app, e.g. providing insurance info and financing if applicable.

Reactions: seanoh5
Thanks!
Btw, when would be the good time to ask for trade -in and financing options opened up?
Would I ask for that now, or when the vin officially appears in the app?
I'd suggest texting and asking them you have vin on the website and not the app. Based on what I've read, it is probably related to something in your profile.
You can also ask the questions about the financing and trade in there as well

Reactions: seanoh5
Question about insurance requirements. Since we still just have a delivery window but is required to give insurance proof, should I have the insurance be effective on the first day of the EDD? Thanks!
We didn't have a car so I put first day of edd as start date. I eventually picked up a day before and I called insurance in advance to get it updated. It was easy. Tesla didn't care about getting the update but I sent them anyway.

Reactions: Hopeqing
Picked up car today MYLR7, white/white, tow, no FSD. OOD 10/14/21, vin# F5185xx and sad to say no new door panels or matrix head lights, but everything was perfect with the car, delivery process was fast & easy. long road, but it was worth the wait :)))
I saw this article: Fremont Tesla Model Y Gets New Door Panels, Matrix Headlights on Long Range - TeslaNorth.com

I guess the interior part is false or maybe off by a few numbers... Is that xx or xxx on your VIN?

Article says "Fremont-made Model Y Long Range units have gained matrix LED headlights, according to u/sudowork on their Model Y with late VIN 516xxx."

When more people pickup delivery towards the end of the month like me. We can get a confirmation if the interior and headlights are upgraded or not.

Reactions: Hopeqing