Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - new here. Just took delivery of my 2022 MYLR7 this week. If it helps, I ordered the 3rd week of December 2021. I have a basic configuration (19" wheels, no FSD). EDD jumped back and forth, but then stayed with a five week time frame (8/20-9/26) for a couple of months. I then received the text asking about a potential trade in on 8/14. Then, things moved fast and had a VIN assigned and text message to schedule delivery within two days. I did not trade in a vehicle. The transaction was pretty quick and home delivery was touted as the only option. It went well, but they didn't spend a lot of time other than explaining the basics. I didn't find anything major; only the hood/frunk was slightly misaligned/lower on one side. Otherwise, the fit/finish appears to be pretty good. Since we were a little unprepared for the delivery, I still don't have a charger installed at home yet (this is our 1st EV).
I did get the reported new trim, and also matrix headlights (confirmed with the delivery advisor). F520 VIN.

Hi all - new here. Just took delivery of my 2022 MYLR7 this week. If it helps, I ordered the 3rd week of December 2021. I have a basic configuration (19" wheels, no FSD). EDD jumped back and forth, but then stayed with a five week time frame (8/20-9/26) for a couple of months. I then received the text asking about a potential trade in on 8/14. Then, things moved fast and had a VIN assigned and text message to schedule delivery within two days. I did not trade in a vehicle. The transaction was pretty quick and home delivery was touted as the only option. It went well, but they didn't spend a lot of time other than explaining the basics. I didn't find anything major; only the hood/frunk was slightly misaligned/lower on one side. Otherwise, the fit/finish appears to be pretty good. Since we were a little unprepared for the delivery, I still don't have a charger installed at home yet (this is our 1st EV).
I did get the reported new trim, and also matrix headlights (confirmed with the delivery advisor). F520 VIN.
Congratulations on your car! It is so funny how the wait is so long and then everything moves so quickly.

So you got your VIN two days after the trade-in text? I'm hoping I hear about mine soon.

Congratulations on your car! It is so funny how the wait is so long and then everything moves so quickly.

So you got your VIN two days after the trade-in text? I'm hoping I hear about mine soon.
Thanks! It's barely been driven so far (and technically it's my wife's car); we were a little unprepared. It's getting some work done right now - tint/PPF.
Yes - we got our text to schedule delivery only two days afterwards. Funny - my configuration is almost identical to yours (except for no towing attachment)!

Can someone link to a post the has good commentary on how to access source code?

Basically log into your account on a desktop/laptop and navigate to your vehicle page with EDD date.

Press CTRL-U to open new tab with source code.
Press CTRL-F to open search bar and enter "VIN" or "7SA" and hit enter (arrows in search bar to scroll through matches)

(these are for Windows and chrome, Mac has something similar)

I got this too and was really disappointed since I want '23. I changed to 5-seater to see if I could prolong it, but no update on the app yet.
I'm honestly considering the same thing. I keep going back and forth if I really need the 7 seater vs the 5 seater, but I would hate to give up the 7 seater and still get the 5 seater this year... ugh Tesla..

Reactions: Aviateur17
I'm honestly considering the same thing. I keep going back and forth if I really need the 7 seater vs the 5 seater, but I would hate to give up the 7 seater and still get the 5 seater this year... ugh Tesla..
Not sure if you are in a rush for the vehicle, but I am not. I've been thinking about putting down another reservation to ensure I get a '23 since it saves at least $3500 after both deposits/sales tax/etc if the tax credit is $7500.

I edited my design to 5 seater this week, no changed to EDD.
I am waiting for an update and will change back to 7-seater for a new EDD and may keep flip flopping because I want the 7-seater too.

Reactions: Aviateur17