Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm honestly considering the same thing. I keep going back and forth if I really need the 7 seater vs the 5 seater, but I would hate to give up the 7 seater and still get the 5 seater this year... ugh Tesla..
I want to get this car in '23 as well - its not just about the rebate, but because of some separate issues if I were to get it delivered in October. I have considered changing options such as color of the car or color of the seats. My thinking is that there are more 5 seaters available so wouldn't that actually speed up delivery?

Hi all - new here. Just took delivery of my 2022 MYLR7 this week. If it helps, I ordered the 3rd week of December 2021. I have a basic configuration (19" wheels, no FSD). EDD jumped back and forth, but then stayed with a five week time frame (8/20-9/26) for a couple of months. I then received the text asking about a potential trade in on 8/14. Then, things moved fast and had a VIN assigned and text message to schedule delivery within two days. I did not trade in a vehicle. The transaction was pretty quick and home delivery was touted as the only option. It went well, but they didn't spend a lot of time other than explaining the basics. I didn't find anything major; only the hood/frunk was slightly misaligned/lower on one side. Otherwise, the fit/finish appears to be pretty good. Since we were a little unprepared for the delivery, I still don't have a charger installed at home yet (this is our 1st EV).
I did get the reported new trim, and also matrix headlights (confirmed with the delivery advisor). F520 VIN.
Congratulations!! Our first EV as well. Enjoy

Reactions: Aviateur17
Got VIN today 539. Sep 9-13 delivery… I have two switch to carrier direct delivery so it should all change. I’m surprised and nervous/scared. I’m going to really miss my current car. (Needed to upgrade to four doors)
We are picking up our car from a dealership one hour away. We tested drove last October when we placed the order. I already forgot everything. So yesterday, I stopped by our local dealership and test drove a 5 seater. The sales person was very nice and went over things again with me. I think I should be ready now.

Got an email from the pickup dealership asking some final questions. Our car is arriving tomorrow at the dealership. Everything is falling into places for us now. An electrician is coming to install wall charger tomorrow. The all weather floor mats are coming on Aug 31. I already got sunshade, mud flaps, screen protector, a truck light, and an organizer for the mid console. We decided against PPF and ceramic. I figured that I could get enhanced auto pilot with the money. Also, what changed mind is if I get into an accident, I have to redo PPF.... Not sure about this.

did your EDD change after you changed from 7 to 5 seat? you removed all add on options right?

Yup, no options and no update. Moved back to 7 today and waiting to see if it updates.

I did a full blown comparison for tax credit vs no tax credit. If the tax credit is only $3,750 due to battery mineral supply, then placing a new reservation to guarantee 2023 was negligible. This was after all tax/reg/license/doc/etc fees.

Only if the car qualifies for $7500 will it be worth it to make a new reservation pending interest rates at that time.

The best scenario is gonna be to deliver the current reservation in January.

Yup, no options and no update. Moved back to 7 today and waiting to see if it updates.

I did a full blown comparison for tax credit vs no tax credit. If the tax credit is only $3,750 due to battery mineral supply, then placing a new reservation to guarantee 2023 was negligible. This was after all tax/reg/license/doc/etc fees.

Only if the car qualifies for $7500 will it be worth it to make a new reservation pending interest rates at that time.

The best scenario is gonna be to deliver the current reservation in January.
Did they change your edd?