Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 Seater Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for those with a 7 seater Model Y. Do you like it? Got kids? Use it every day or only on road trips/in a pinch? Uncomfortable for them? How’s it been so far? Welcome to any and all feedback/experience with this config.

Not looking to buy soon; I just love to dream and plan long term and I'm just curious about it haha. Thank you!

Looking for those with a 7 seater Model Y. Do you like it? Got kids? Use it every day or only on road trips/in a pinch? Uncomfortable for them? How’s it been so far? Welcome to any and all feedback/experience with this config.

Not looking to buy soon; I just love to dream and plan long term and I'm just curious about it haha. Thank you!
I made a mistake and wasted $3k thinking about my three grand kids. It was only used twice and remains folded down to create more space in the trunk. It is very tight in the third row and only good for very small children that grow very fast.
My advice! Don't waste your money.

If you're expecting to use the 3rd row on a regular/daily basis, this would NOT be a wise choice; get a bigger vehicle. For me, I knew that I'll use occasionally with family gatherings and rare trips. It's been fine for that purpose. I have even taken a few long trips (2000+ miles) with my petite 18 yo daughter in 3rd row. She'd rather be there by herself than sit with 2 other people in the 2nd row. I have taken my son and his 4 friends to a school events. Anyway, I am happy with it. I originally ordered MYP with 7 seater (that was an option when it was announced in 2019). I switched to MYLR7 once Tesla confirmed that MYP7 won't be built.

Pretty useless for us; we've used it maybe twice since we got the car (6 months ~ish) for 10 min drives. Granted our youngest is 13 and tall. We thought in a pinch it could be useful for driving to sports with friends.

The only way I could see using this on a daily basis would be for infants in car seats, and even then I don't know their legs would fit as the leg room is crazy tight. Would not order again.

Might work for you though, if you get a chance try before you buy. We did not have that option at the time so I used youtube videos.

• Informative
Reactions: samuelffrancis
If you think you'll need a 7 seater vehicle from time to time you can't beat it. Most other 7 seater vehicles drive like boats. We only use it on occasion, adults 5'5" and under could do an hour or two comfortably enough back there. I'm 6'3" and could fit back there (if I lean to the side) for a 20 minute drive if need be.

If you have more than 3 kids and would use it all the time, then yeah I'd suggest getting a minivan or large SUV as it does tighten up the space in the car.

I see others saying they regret spending the $ but the way I see it is I'll get most if not all of it back come resale time. It was the main reason my wife was on board with going from a Chevy Volt to a Model Y, so I gladly obliged.

I’ve only had the car for a little over a week but think the 7 seater has been a great addition. We have 3 young kids and have a mini van as well.

The 7 seater replaced my 2 row suv. The 3 kids easily fit in the car with their car seats. The oldest loves being in the third row.

Our current plan is try to do most driving with the model y including 5 hr or less car trips anything longer than that it’s in the minivan.