Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$7000 US Fed Tax Credit for Cybertruck!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No way possible to get the $7K rebate with a Cybertruck. Tesla will be at about 520K cars sold by the end of this year and they will likely sell 200K+ in 2020. Remember, the rebate is only active once the car is...delivered.

"The EVs Tesla and GM sold in 2019 that only qualified for reduced partial credits wouldn’t count towards the new 600,000 threshold" -Electrek

This indicates the number would start from 200,000 if goes through.

My reading comprehension isn't what it once was, but AFTER the legislation is signed into law, Tesla would have 400,000 vehicles to sell in the U.S. that would qualify for a $7,000 federal tax credit. After reaching 400,000, there is another phase out.

The problem is that the legislation doesn't really have bipartisan support.

Reactions: mongo
My reading comprehension isn't what it once was, but AFTER the legislation is signed into law, Tesla would have 400,000 vehicles to sell in the U.S. that would qualify for a $7,000 federal tax credit. After reaching 400,000, there is another phase out.

The problem is that the legislation doesn't really have bipartisan support.
Lets hope they at least extend it and create a time limit. As I read it, its 2024.