Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

70D Vs 85D Daily 250km Roundtrip commute

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought I would update this thread so if anyone ends up in a similar situation.
I ended up picking up a CPO p85. I charge at 90% daily and return home with between 125-150 km. I charge at home on a HPWC at 32amp (6 hour charge time to 90% from my return levels).

To say I am blown away by this car is an understatement! My wife and I are 100% happy with our purchase and look forward to many years of enjoyment.

Congratulations! As a fellow CPO 85 (non P) owner here in Toronto, my wife and I feel this is the best car ever made.

You should read the winter driving wiki article by Doug.

With 150km remaining in the fall, you may be reduced to 50km remaining in the coldest winter days due to energy used to heat battery pack and cabin.

Congratulations! As a fellow CPO 85 (non P) owner here in Toronto, my wife and I feel this is the best car ever made.

You should read the winter driving wiki article by Doug.

With 150km remaining in the fall, you may be reduced to 50km remaining in the coldest winter days due to energy used to heat battery pack and cabin.

Ya im interested to see how the winter weather reduces my range but I have a Nema 14-50 plug being installed at my work to take care of any extreme cold days!

Ya im interested to see how the winter weather reduces my range but I have a Nema 14-50 plug being installed at my work to take care of any extreme cold days!

If you have the charger at work and at home, make sure you use the phone app to preheat the car 30 - 60 minutes before leaving. Most of the range loss is the initial battery heating. If you are connected to a power source, the car will use the land power to heat the battery and car, minimizing the range loss. I've had my S85 through 2 Toronto winters and I can tell you that each time the car is completely cold, you will lose a bunch of range. If you do a bunch of short trips during a day where each stop has time for the car to fully cool, you will lose more than 30%. Planning and thoughtful driving are your best friends to minimize range loss.