Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@toticdqs where are you located? Seems like the BTX8 has only been seen in Europe so far
It looks like Cadaqués is in Spain - and a beautiful place to go cruising around in brand new Tesla! Congrats @toticdqs ! I'm hoping these new batteries will be coming to Canada as well. My 75D is due for delivery in mid-September. Mind you, I can't really complain either way since I'm getting the car for $10,000 less than when I placed my order 2 weeks ago (with the new options bundling and better Canadian pricing).

@wdolson Just delivered my 75D. Attached you'll find de BTX8 battery label, it's a 85kWh, 400VDC. My 75D has de new drive unit (DU00), and with firmware 2017.28.c528869 makes the 0-60 in more than 5 seconds. Having a battery limited by software means that I can charge always at 100% without problems?
Yes, but I believe the interface will still pester you to lower the charging threshold on occasion.

Everyone - Is this the first BTX8 battery in Europe outside of Norway and the UK? Have we seen the first one in Australia?

lol..let me be more clear. Did you get uncorcked for performance...Did you get your car uncorcked for the performance enhancement.., for your car.
I know what you meant. Grin. No, I will be the last person to get uncorked. And everyone will know when it happens. Have any pre 21 June DU00 production cars been uncorked?

It seems unlikely that Tesla would create a way to pay for the performance upgrade for just one weeks worth of production. What is that, 1000 Model S cars assuming all cars produced from the 15th have DU00? But it may be that Tesla has a plan to offer some performance upgrades for all the older 75Ds, maybe not 4.2 second 0-60\100 but something, in which case I probably do pickup the 4.2.

I will keep at it. TurboSimon's guy in Costa Mesa doesn't return my calls but eventually I will find out.

Last edited:
I still haven't gotten a response from Tesla. My service center was very confused. I called the SC in California and put in a official request for my service center to respond and was told I would get a call within 48 hours.

It's been 4 days and no call.

I have a May 16th 2017 build date

• Informative
Reactions: Swift
Ran two 0-60 trials this morning on my 6/26 build S75 RWD and used PowerTools for Tesla iOS. 4.5 and 4.2 sec. There is a slight grade and the times reflect this. DU00 drive unit and this performance is since delivery. No uncorking or service beyond typical over air updates.

Do you really have the DU00 drive unit? Because in a previous post you said DU01.

Asking because I’m going to take delivery of a S75 RWD with DU00 in two weeks and am curious whether it will have the improved performance.

@wdolson Just delivered my 75D. Attached you'll find de BTX8 battery label, it's a 85kWh, 400VDC. My 75D has de new drive unit (DU00), and with firmware 2017.28.c528869 makes the 0-60 in more than 5 seconds.
*More* than 5 seconds? Not "uncorked" yet? Are there any SC close to you in Spain?
Or typo "less than 5 seconds"?

Having a battery limited by software means that I can charge always at 100% without problems?

85/P85/85D/P85D - ~81.5 kWh total capacity, ~77.5 kWh usable
So maybe 95%? ;)

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
@wdolson Just delivered my 75D. Attached you'll find de BTX8 battery label, it's a 85kWh, 400VDC. My 75D has de new drive unit (DU00), and with firmware 2017.28.c528869 makes the 0-60 in more than 5 seconds.

Having a battery limited by software means that I can charge always at 100% without problems?

So far the 85/400V labels have only been seen in Europe. It's curious they would be putting an old battery pack in new cars. Though wk057 (Jason Hughes) believes the batteries going into the Model 3 are the original chemistry and not the newer chemistry used in the 75, 90, and 100 pack. That 85 pack was the last large S pack that used the old chemistry.

Something strange is going on here.

Q3 may be when Tesla planned on delivering new orders with the 85 pack. If so, it would have started with international orders in July. The US deliveries in September will be 85. They can then make the announcement of the 85 in September or October without hurting any existing inventory orders.
My car is supposed to be delivered in early September. My code shows BTX5 which is the old code for 75kwh and DU01 which is the new drive unit. So I'm guessing my car will not have the new 85kwh battery.