Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is supposed to be delivered in early September. My code shows BTX5 which is the old code for 75kwh and DU01 which is the new drive unit. So I'm guessing my car will not have the new 85kwh battery.

I also have BTX5 but DU00. Is DU01 perhaps the 75 vs DU00 the 75D? From what I was seeing elsewhere, I thought that DU00 was the new one. But I've also seen where people have said the drive unit didn't have a code before, so that would make DU00 and DU01 new?

Is DU01 perhaps the 75 vs DU00 the 75D? From what I was seeing elsewhere, I thought that DU00 was the new one. But I've also seen where people have said the drive unit didn't have a code before, so that would make DU00 and DU01 new?
Yes DU01 is the new large drive unit. DU00 is the new small drive unit. Previously the drive unit did not get a code.

I'm starting to think that perhaps some of these codes should be added to the delivery spreadsheet for tracking purposes.
What Delivery Spreadsheet? Do you mean this? I didn't know that existed until now. Interesting analysis of delivery times and choices. I am more interested in the options that weren't chosen like battery type and Drive Unit type. I assume this is what you meant. Also, uncorked date. I wonder if there is a way to tie this into Visible Tesla to pull user codes automatically. I wasn't able to get a production start and end date. Just a production date. Anyone else have this problem?
I'm in sweden and just recently took delivery TMS 75D with btx8. 85kwh 400v
Grattis. Först i Sverige. (Congratulations. First in Sweden.)
...85-90 is my guess (for the name of the new base Model S).
Have you seen the 400v 85kWh in Germany? Some here thought that BTX8 were old stock P85 batteries, since we haven't started seeing it in the US. This looks increasingly unlikely.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlatSix911
My U.S. model, June 25th delivered S75 RWD has this label in the front passenger side wheel well:
IMG_2970.JPG

I guess nothing unexpected.

I also have BTX5 but DU00. Is DU01 perhaps the 75 vs DU00 the 75D? From what I was seeing elsewhere, I thought that DU00 was the new one. But I've also seen where people have said the drive unit didn't have a code before, so that would make DU00 and DU01 new?
I think u are correct. I ordered S75 and have DU01. I think DU00 is also a new drive unit for dual motor cars.

Okay, can someone with the updated S75 give their vin to supply some sort of timeline where production had started for the new S75 RWD cars along with someone with a 75D vin to do the same. This will be useful for people (like me) who aren't in possession yet of their cars or looking at picking one up and want to figure it out.

Okay, can someone with the updated S75 give their vin to supply some sort of timeline where production had started for the new S75 RWD cars along with someone with a 75D vin to do the same. This will be useful for people (like me) who aren't in possession yet of their cars or looking at picking one up and want to figure it out.
If I were "looking at picking one up", I would wait until the dust settles in at least a couple of months. Feels like there are too many things in transition.

Reactions: Karlton770
Have you seen the 400v 85kWh in Germany? Some here thought that BTX8 were old stock P85 batteries, since we haven't started seeing it in the US. This looks increasingly unlikely.

Non that I've heard of, yet. But I'm not that active in German Tesla forums, nor do I know someone who recently got a 75 delivered.

Also, it kind of seems that all the 85s are AWD models, could that be?

@selfbp, my built date is end of may, built completion beginning of June. VIN 199xxx, got delivery in Australia around end of July and tested with confirmed Performance Upgrade speed

Reactions: selfbp
Another S75 with 85kWh battery has been spotted in The Netherlands. Delivered 20-06.
I could understand why they would first appear in Norway: deliveries to Norway and Swiss are direct deliveries, other EU cars all pass through final assembly in The Netherlands.
So with Sweden, Germany, Spain, Netherlands it seems shipments throughout whole of EU.